Airport Selection Dropdown List Questions

This has bugged me from the very beginning. I continuously struggle in selecting an airport name. They don't even include the country? Seems like just a random list of airports. And they repeat the name of the city, if it's in the airport name - taking up precious space. How nuts is that? Eliminate duplicates!

Questions:

1 - Why didn't the developer have the keen insight to save the last airports you selected on the WORLD MAP?

2 - Why only 3 names in the history section? Mine are not my top 3! Can this be expanded somewhere? Options?

3 - Who got to pick 66 recommended airports?

4 - Why not a really advanced, progressive smart search in the Departure Airport and Arrival Airport dropdown? Why go to another prompt altogether just to have to search for an airport?

5 - Sometime this interface really makes me wonder the age of the developers. I'm sorry.

6 - Can I be the only one still frustrated by some of the UI choices and what appears to be a missed opportunity with an intuitive approach?

7 - When will the START OVER button take you to the WORLD MAP page with all your original choices intact? INCLUDING all the FLIGHT PARAMETERS. Just hit FLY again! Is that so hard? I DON"T WANT TO RESTART AT THE END OF THE RUNWAY AGAIN!!!!

8 - Some of this stuff is maddening.

Sorry for the rant.

Edited by redjr

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

You can also plan your flight in a program like Sky Vector. That will allow you to make note of not only airport codes, but to customize your flight path with waypoints you select. You then input the arrival and departure codes and input the waypoints and hit add. You can also enter your airport departure and arrival codes and select a GPS location on the World Map. For example, select KICR for departure from Winner, South Dakota. Then KRBE for arrival at Bassett, Nebraska. Then find the tiny burg of Burton, Nebraska on the map (the population of Burton is about 10 people on a good day). Zoom in and click on the center of the town. That will; add a custom waypoint option. You then click add. Now if you want to add a waypoint to line up with the runway, you can type in BETME in the World Map search and click add ( I got the waypoint code from Sky Vector). Edited by plainsman
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU