Joystick sticky buttons

solomod

I don't know whether this will be of interest or in the correct forum but here goes.

I have used FS2004 for years and I have a Logitech Extreme3D Pro stick. A few months ago the buttons - mainly the change view side button and the top-hat - started to stick or not respond.

So I picked up my trusty can of WD40 and squirted WD40 down all the sides of the buttons into the works. Spent five minutes operating the buttons, gave it a wipe with a cloth and fired up the flight sim.

All buttons working a treat now. Worth a try before buying a new stick or taking the existing stick apart.

David

Just the one but each side of the button. I don't think it does any harm to over-dose - WD40 does not conduct electricity and it does absorb water. I have used it loosen up the volume slider in headphones and all my 2CVs always needed a good spray to dry out the HT leads on a winter morning. Although I did fix that by putting the HT leads inside polythene tubing.

With reference to buttons it will not work if there is some kind of water-proof membrane on top of the button.

Depending on the construction of the stick it might take overnight before the WD40 seeps down into the works.

Good luck and Happy Flying.

David

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...