Updates MS Store vs Steam

It seems like the people who are having problems with the Updates and Hot Fixes all purchased through MS Store? Is that true?

Last year before the game came out I saw several comments on YouTube by people who said they had problems with other games through MS Store so I purchased through Steam and it's been pretty seamless for these updates.

Just wondering...

It seems like the people who are having problems with the Updates and Hot Fixes all purchased through MS Store? Is that true?

Last year before the game came out I saw several comments on YouTube by people who said they had problems with other games through MS Store so I purchased through Steam and it's been pretty seamless for these updates.

Just wondering...

No issues. Seriously old computer. Purchased through Steam.

Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Purchased through MS Store. No issues at all. Update the application and then run the in game updates as needed.

Only problem in a year was the update server timing out while downloading SU5. Tried it again 30 min later and worked fine.

I do own some other games via Steam and it’s typically been fine too.

Just wondering...

I purchased through Steam and I've had plenty of problems, most recently following Sim Update 5, which I've discussed at length elsewhere. Briefly, I have some circumstantial reasons to believe that they've been caused by Working Title's G1000 and G3000 mods.

HP Omen 25L Desktop, Intel i7-1070 CPU, 32 GB DDR RAM, Nvidia 3070 GPU, 1 TB SSD, Logitech flight yoke, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, multi-panel, radio panel, TrackIR 5

I made my initial purchase via MS Store. I can honestly say that I have had no issues with updates. It appears that when updates are available, I can download either via the update available through Microsoft store or in game update screen. I just follow the prompts. The key I have found is a restart is necessary after any update. Once I have restarted windows, all is well. Since the last hotfix, which occurred during start up of MSFS 2020, I restarted my computer. All is well. No CTD’S, of course I emptied my Community folder, and only added the G1000 update provided via content manager. I have enjoyed uninterrupted flights, at times one plus hours in length. The key being, if it ain’t approved for the latest update, don’t include it in your Community Folder. Flight simulation.to provides you with the info if it is approved with the use of the most recent update (compatibility) of MSFS. LOGGED 4 HOURS OF FLIGHTTIME IN C 172 and no CTD’S. My experience at least,
Jetline GT2, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2070 Super, liquid cooled i7 9700K, 750 PSU, 2 TB SSD, MSFS 2020, P3D V4.5 and FSXSE.

Hi I bought the disk version and I can say i have had no problems at all with installation and personally Idon't think it as anything to do with where the sim was purchased more likely lack of updates for the store, and speed throttling by steam i am not suggesting for one minute its any ones fault but we all make mistakes and oversights and some things cant be controlled it seems everything as to bang up to date for the sim to update properly and if not problems can arise, I have had the odd CTD but you dont have any control over this it can happen anytime.

Kind regards

Andrew

Flight simulation.to provides you with the info if it is approved with the use of the most recent update (compatibility) of MSFS. LOGGED 4 HOURS OF FLIGHTTIME IN C 172 and no CTD’S. My experience at least,

If there is a "flight simulation.to" or a "flightsimulation.to", it must be on the dark web. I can't find it.

HP Omen 25L Desktop, Intel i7-1070 CPU, 32 GB DDR RAM, Nvidia 3070 GPU, 1 TB SSD, Logitech flight yoke, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, multi-panel, radio panel, TrackIR 5

If there is a "flight simulation.to" or a "flightsimulation.to", it must be on the dark web. I can't find it.

It's flightsim.to: https://flightsim.to/

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64