AFCAD Files for FS 2004

espresso17

Hello everybody

I have a question, does anyone knows some people who makes AFCAD Files for FS2004.

For example the new airport of Istanbul LTFM, i don`t find something about my

question via Google or anything else. It exist one scenery, but there is still a

runway missing.

Many greetings from Switzerland.

Alex

• 2 weeks later...
There are a number of people who make FS2004 freeware airports which often require an AFCAD change from the old default. It is usually people like you who are interested in that particular airport. Part of our hobby's fun is trying new things. You may want to try a new AFCAD yourself. There is a learning curve, but it is a lot of fun. Things you will use: Airport Design Editor (after installation do the FS9 version. This is free from https://www.scruffyducksoftware.com. It will help you open the default airport which you will modify and save (If LTFM is a completely new airport, ADE has a good tutorial on building an airport from scratch.) Also needed is an aerial/satellite photo like from Google Earth to accurately place and position things. Also needed is an Airport Diagram. US airports are easy: the FAA has free copies on line. For Turkey, not so sure. This helps label runways and taxiways correctly and size them properly. All in all it is fun, but a lot of people just aren't interested in that kind of work. Often big works isn't free, If new LTFM is a big airport, I bet someone will publish it soon for a price.

I suppose you are talking about runway 18/36. Are you sure that this runway is already in use? No pictures of the new airport show it. Anyway, its rather a complex airport. To add it would basically be possible, but still tricky. The Afcad shows more future connecting taxiways than the layout.

51385468610_2cda3577d0_b.jpg

51383705952_1eac886295_b.jpg

Bernard