FS/Flight Opening Time

beroun

Hi,

It takes me 5-10 minutes before the FS starts and another 5-10 minutes for the flight to load. Quite a lengthy wait. Yes, got many add-on sceneries and 100's of aircraft (bot AI and flyable). My FS is close to 80GB.

Any clue on how to accelerate the opening would be appreciated,

Thanks,

Peter Bendl

ex. British Airways

I had that and I split my aircraft in to another folder by renaming it, just used the ones I wanted.

as for scenery I am under the impression FS only loads where you are flying not the whole World, I may be wrong.

Sometimes a good clean out helps, you may find you have aircraft stored you never ever use, you can save then to another folder so as not to lose them.

Col.

I have a 107 gig install and it opens and loads flights probably around the same time as a vanilla FS9.

Managing aircraft, scenery and AI is the key as mentioned above.

If you are still using Windows 7, loading time of the sim is also affected greatly by Games Explorer. Vast majority of people had this enabled during the Win 7 period but as most are now on Win 10 it's no longer an issue.

Mark Daniels

Mark, I'm on Windows 7 I possibly have Games Explorer enabled but where is it I just had a quick look?

I found it but I have FlightSim in there, not sure what to do, I hid all the other games listed.

Col.

Edited by ColR1948

Mark, I'm on Windows 7 I possibly have Games Explorer enabled but where is it I just had a quick look?

I found it but I have FlightSim in there, not sure what to do, I hid all the other games listed.

Col.

Google "disable Games Explorer" and see if you can find a way to do it as the net has several methods. If you can't do it post back and I'll give instructions. I can't remember off hand the exact instructions, I'd have to check.

What Games Explorer does, every time you launch FS9, Games Explorer tries to connect to the internet searching for info on FS9.

FS9 will not launch till this process is complete. It takes a fair while. I posted this info back in the day but people didn't really take much notice. You should find it makes a substantial difference to launch time of FS9 and other games that Games Explorer supports.

Mark Daniels

hi,

depends on your system hw config.

i have way over 1000 planes in the directory, i do not have any "special ai planes" EVERY of my so called "normal planes flies in AI.

my fs9 is 495 gb in size and NO stutter with >200 AI planes active.

my fs9 is on a separate hard drive AND on a different HD Controller than windows xp ..

try do Defrag your Windows, if you can split your system in fs9 and windows on different hd dries & hd controller.

my system loads in fs9 in 5 seconds BUT i use ONLY SSD drives .

my second system takes almost 50 seconds to load fs9 BECAUSE, same layout concept but HD based, after load performance is acceptable ...

BUT NO COMPARISON TO SSD.

JUST a couple of ideas to consider.

sincerely

g. kirschstein

hi,

sorry forgot to also mention.

IF you have MANY gauges and MANY effects in the directories stored, FS9 for UNKNOWN reason SCANS E V E R Y of

the objects in the directories mentioned.

just try it, store only 1 gauge and 1 effect in the corresponding directory and see the difference in FS9 start up time.

why , beats me did report it to MS years ago never got an answer.

sincerely

g. kirschstein

So are you just flying mainly AI type aircraft so not needing gauges and effects?

I have used flyables as AI as well but I always delete the sound and panels and any other stuff not needed including any that have a VC.

Another thing I've noticed is time acceleration, I can only go to 4x if I got 8x or higher the screen goes haywire it can't handle it, might be my system I don't know.

Col.

Edited by ColR1948

Well I went back in and hid the Sim from the menu, started FS and it loaded in about 2 seconds, great news, thank you.

I typed in the Windows search box in the task bar: Shell:Games Then it brought the menu window up I selected to hide it.

Col.

• 1 month later...

By the by...

31 seconds from clicking the Desktop Icon to the Select a Flight screen.

Shell:Games is hidden, and WiFi is turned OFF. I found that the load is delayed by about 30 seconds.if WiFi is ON.

System Specs below...

Alan :p

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG