Hot fixes for some people

H!, I am really tired of the hot fix bloody thing. I could not update to version 1.18.14.0 after trying a lo of suggestions from others.

Now this second one hot fix 2 is same problem for me and I think for some other people as well. When I launched the game the fix did not

come automatically so I tried to get it through ms store like some one mentioned in a video and no success. Please kindly give me

some correct working instruction on how to update to the latest patch so a lot of people will benefit like my self' Thanking you top guys

in advance.

Where do you find the latest Patch? Went to Market Place. Where do I look? Under what topic? Any help appreciated.

If you’re already running flight sim then you’ve already got it (it’s 1.18.15.0j

The sim should have prompted you when you launched it , with “a mandatory update is available” you download it via the ms store (assuming you have the store edition of flight sim) However, many of us have had problems in that the store doesn’t always show it as being available.

If you have the Steam version, then presumably it’ll update via steam.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Hi!,Steve I have got the boxed version of the game and on the welcome screen it shows I have got

version 1.18.13.0. Thank you for your reply

I’m not sure how it works with the boxed version. Presumably you still download it from the store?

The latest is 1.18.15.0 so I’m guessing you didn’t get last week”s hotfix either?

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Not sure if the hotfix is to blame, but my default buildings seem to be stuck on low res textures, some without any windows. Changing the global settings from low back to ultra doesn't cure it nor does altering the 'buildings' settings either. Airports are looking incredibly bland. One problem after another. Overall, very happy with the look of the sim, but once you get to a default airport, it's poor.
System: I7 8700k 3.7Ghz, RTX3070 inno3d iChill X4, 32Gb 3000Mhz Corsair Vengeance RAM, 2 x 1Tb ssd, 1 x M.2 ssd, 1 x 250Gb ssd, 32" Gigabyte monitor, Thrustmaster T.16000m controller

Not sure if the hotfix is to blame, but my default buildings seem to be stuck on low res textures, some without any windows. Changing the global settings from low back to ultra doesn't cure it nor does altering the 'buildings' settings either. Airports are looking incredibly bland. One problem after another. Overall, very happy with the look of the sim, but once you get to a default airport, it's poor.

Make sure your Data selections are still turned On.

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

Make sure your Data selections are still turned On.

Checked several times. I think my internet speed has now become the bottleneck, running around 36 Mb/s, it just isn't enough when in high density cities. Constantly telling me my bandwidth is too low.

System: I7 8700k 3.7Ghz, RTX3070 inno3d iChill X4, 32Gb 3000Mhz Corsair Vengeance RAM, 2 x 1Tb ssd, 1 x M.2 ssd, 1 x 250Gb ssd, 32" Gigabyte monitor, Thrustmaster T.16000m controller

H!, I am really tired of the hot fix bloody thing. I could not update to version 1.18.14.0 after trying a lo of suggestions from others.

Now this second one hot fix 2 is same problem for me and I think for some other people as well. When I launched the game the fix did not

come automatically so I tried to get it through ms store like some one mentioned in a video and no success. Please kindly give me

some correct working instruction on how to update to the latest patch so a lot of people will benefit like my self' Thanking you top guys

in advance.

I found this work around in the MSFS forum and it worked perfect. I hope it helps you as well.

Find the MSFS folder (likely in C:\Users\AppData\Local\Packages

Rename the folder (just add something like ‘X’ to the end)

In Windows Settings > Apps select MSFS and choose uninstall

Rename the MSFS folder back to the original

In the Microsoft store reinstall MSFS

I found this work around in the MSFS forum and it worked perfect. I hope it helps you as well.

Find the MSFS folder (likely in C:\Users\AppData\Local\Packages

Rename the folder (just add something like ‘X’ to the end)

In Windows Settings > Apps select MSFS and choose uninstall

Rename the MSFS folder back to the original

In the Microsoft store reinstall MSFS

Sigh, I am now in the same boat, says I need the update to continue, the MS Store says everything is updated!

Edit-found some good advice on the MS Forums, go into the MS Store, find the actual game, click on it and the Update portion should be there (was for me)

I am not going to uninstall and have another 12+ hours to reinstall.

Edited by davidc2
Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality