Hotfix 2 now available apparently

I’m getting “a mandatory update is available - please update via the store” but the store isn’t bringing up the update.

I’ve tried rebooting...logging out & back in.

I’ll try again tomorrow

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Just tried the Store as well, said I was all good.
Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

Lots posts on the official forum about it. Many not getting the update too. One suggestion is to log out of the store..reboot..log back in.. tried that.

Another is to click the three dots next to “play” tried that & it said trying to install on my device (after asking me to confirm device..my pc)

Didn’t appear to do anything.. however I have managed to launch the sim? Still on 1.18.14.0 though.

Maybe they have pulled the hotfix for the moment due to demand?

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Just got hotfix from steam but had to reboot in order to get it.

I'm have the Steam edition. I was on MSFS this afternoon, but I didn't see the latest hotfix at that time. I'll have to go back online to see if it's there.

HP Omen 25L Desktop, Intel i7-1070 CPU, 32 GB DDR RAM, Nvidia 3070 GPU, 1 TB SSD, Logitech flight yoke, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, multi-panel, radio panel, TrackIR 5

Am I missing something?

I did the update. I got the hotfix 07/30/21. I'm delighted. I booted up today and flew a few flights. Everything seems cool. No CTDs. What update are we talking about here?

The hotfix to the hotfix. I still haven't downloaded anything new when it says "Checking For Updates"

Thermaltake Ryzen Gen 9 3900x 12 cores, 4.6 ghz 32 gig of Ram, Liquid Cooled Everything.

You need to go to the Microsoft Store to download it.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

You need to go to the Microsoft Store to download it.

Yes, that’s the problem. The store says no update available.

However, after several more attempts this morning... logging in & out... updating windows... etc

I uninstalled Flight Sim and am currently reinstalling it. Should be done in a couple of hours :)

Regards

Steve

Oh I know Keith, I did that many times. First time I clicked it there were two or three updates but nothing for MSFS. There are loads of posts on the official forum from others having the same problem.

My install is now on 46% so we’re getting there :)

Regards

Steve

Yes, it’s strange isn’t it? Some don’t have any problems, while others...

It’s actually a first for me LOL. Don’t think I’ve ever had any previous problems with updating.

One thing I didn’t try (before the reinstall) was to check for Windows updates. I did check before starting the install though and it installed a Win 10 cumulative preview update (whatever that is) Anyway I installed it.. it took a few minutes so not a small one.

MSFS is now installed. Is it me or are the menus working a bit quicker? I’m sure there used to be a slight pause after clicking options for example.. since SU5 anyway. Seems a bit quicker now.

I notice there’s a new “global rendering” setting now, with options..high end..low end..etc. I’m sure that wasn’t there before. I know you get this the very first time you install the sim, but now it’s in the settings page.

Right.. now installing 69Gib of additional content :)

Regards

Steve

Edited by g7rta

Lots posts on the official forum about it. Many not getting the update too. One suggestion is to log out of the store..reboot..log back in.. tried that.

Another is to click the three dots next to “play” tried that & it said trying to install on my device (after asking me to confirm device..my pc)

Didn’t appear to do anything.. however I have managed to launch the sim? Still on 1.18.14.0 though.

Maybe they have pulled the hotfix for the moment due to demand?

Regards

Steve

Thanks Steve, I just saw this thread because the hotfix was released after I went to bed (at work this morning!). In MS Store, if you click on the three dots and then the Get Updates button but you get the "You're good to go" message, look down the recent updates list on that screen and click on the Microsoft Flight Simulator thumbnail. This opens the preview video, which will show "Game Installed" along the bottom of the screen. A few seconds later this will change to "Update available" and the download will start:

Microsoft Store 07_08_2021 11_42_54.jpg

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Thanks Tim.. didn’t know about that. I went to the screen but didn’t wait for it to change though LOL

I’ve done a reinstall now. I’m letting it add the world updates now before flying. There are a lot of positive comments about the new hotfix on the official forum so I, looking forward to trying it.

By the way Tim.. have you got Orbx’s latest... “Great Britain Central”

I’m blown away by it! For less than £12 it’s the best value payware addon I’ve ever seen. Big cities like Sheffield..Manchester..Leeds all have fancy buildings... Bradford has been done too.. even Halifax! Wainhouse Tower for example is superb.. much better than the free one I downloaded a while back.

Regard

Steve

Read all this at 9 am UK time and opened msfs with trepidation but all went well. Before opening sim Windows update, check. Empty community, check. Got mandatory alert of update and clicked OK. Sent me straight to Microsof Store (I'd originally got it from Store). Sim highlighted with "update" which I clicked. 2 minutes to download and done. Closed the Store page opened the sim and got the "Administrator permission required" notice and all done. Now showing version 1.18.15.0

By the way Tim.. have you got Orbx’s latest... “Great Britain Central”

I’m blown away by it! For less than £12 it’s the best value payware addon I’ve ever seen. Big cities like Sheffield..Manchester..Leeds all have fancy buildings... Bradford has been done too.. even Halifax! Wainhouse Tower for example is superb.. much better than the free one I downloaded a while back.

Yes I saw your video and noticed that the top of Wainhouse Tower was missing - did you chop it off with that helicopter of yours by any chance? :D I think I'll be investing in that scenery this weekend!

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Thanks to this post, I headed straight to the Microsoft Store and the update downloaded once I selected MSFS. I am now updated, but the problem that they promised would be fixed is NOT FIXED!!!

ATC still yelling at me to expedite climb to my cruising altitude, but I'm already there with the correct altimeter setting. Same for everyone over at the MSFS official forums.

AARRRGHH!

I’m getting “a mandatory update is available - please update via the store” but the store isn’t bringing up the update.

I’ll try again tomorrow

Regards

Steve

Flight Simulator may have already been updated when you started the system and already show in the list of recently updated apps with the current version 1.18.15.0.

I’ll try again tomorrow

Regards

Steve

I cannot access MSFS. I get so far and then it states 'Mandatory fix... get from MS Store' No update available, although one was installed 7 days ago on the 31st July.

Have tried; Repair, Reset, un-install, reboot, Install (didn't seem to do anything) and then tried to start. Got the same message about mandatory fix.

Is their a fix ID, so that I know what I've got and what I haven't?

Effectively killed my copy of the sim. Not best pleased!

Mobo: Asustek Sabretooth Z87: CPU: Intel I7-4770; RAM: 16Gb; GPU: Radeon RX 480; C Drive 150Gb SSD

Hard Drive Total 6652 GB; TM T.16000M & TWCS

Flight Simulator may have already been updated when you started the system and already show in the list of recently updated apps with the current version 1.18.15.0.

If only that was true Neil. As it happens I’ve got the update version now because I uninstalled & reinstalled it :)

I haven’t had much time to try it out yet but everything seems to be good

Regards

Steve

Well at the second attempt at updates and downloads I finally got an update all 425mb hardly seems worth the trouble but I cant help thinking it should be bigger ,it updated from the store not the installation manager. Edited by Apollo212