Deutsche BA Fleet (both actual & fictitious aircraft)

PDohm123

Good afternoon fellow Flight Sim enthusiasts! I hope you're all doing well! I'm excited to announce that I've been working on creating a Deutsche BA fleet for Flight Simulator X. I've released a number of aircraft so far, and I'll post links/download entries to the aircraft in this thread.

For those who are unfamiliar with it, Deutsche BA was a German subsidiary airline of British Airways (Deutsche BA, roughly translated means German British Airways). The company was founded in March of 1992. It started out with a total of 9 Saab 340s (including 2 Fairchilds), all of which were delivered in April of 1992. Between June 1992 and May 2001, the fleet was expanded to include 28 Boeing 737-300's, 1 Boeing 737-400, 1 Boeing 737-500, 1 British Aerospace 146-200, 8 Fokker F-100's, and 5 Saab 2000s. By 2001, Deutsche BA was rebranded as simply dba.com. In February 2006, it was acquired by Air Berlin, and the aircraft in service at that time were incorporated into the Air Berlin fleet. DBA ceased all operations by November 2008.

There are a few that have some mistakes, errors, or missing details. I will, eventually, get around to fixing those errors and releasing a Texture Update pack as a fix. But, regardless, I hope you all enjoy these aircraft as much as I enjoyed repainting them.

Deutsche BA - Boeing 737-300 (registration D-ADBA): This was the first B737-300 in the DBA fleet

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?do=search&fname=vl_b733_dba.zip

Deutsche BA - Boeing 727-200 (registration D-KBRL): Fictitious Airliner

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?do=search&fname=tdsb722_dba.zip

Deutsche BA - Airbus A340-200 (registration D-HACD): Fictitious Airliner

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?do=search&fname=posky_a342_dba.zip

Deutsche BA - McDonnell Douglas DC-10-30 (registration D-DEBR): Fictitious Airliner

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?do=search&fname=tomdc10_dba.zip

Deutsche BA - Boeing 747-400 (registration D-GMBH): Fictitious Airliner

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?do=search&fname=posky_b744_dba.zip

Deutsche BA - Bombardier CRJ-700 ER (registration D-EDAC): Fictitious Airliner

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?do=search&fname=poskyfsxcrj_700er-dba.zip

Deutsche BA - Boeing 737-800 (registration D-EFFZ): Fictitious Airliner

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?do=search&fname=tdsb738_dba.zip

FSX - FSX Jetliners

FSX Deutsche BA Boeing 737-400

Name: vl_b734_dba.zip

Size: 4,234,620 Date: 08-07-2021 Downloads: 13

vl_b734_dba.gif

FSX Deutsche BA Boeing 737-400. Textures only. This is a repaint of Vistaliner's Boeing 737-400 (required). Founded in 1992 as a subsidiary company of British Airways, Deutsche BA was a low-cost airline, whose focus was on flights throughout Germany & Europe, with feeders to London's Gatwick Airport, and links to OneWorld Partners, specifically, Iberia Airlines and Finnair. This aircraft, with registration (SE-DTB), was an actual aircraft in the Deutsche BA fleet. It is painted in the Landor Livery of British Airways (1984-1997), which modified for Deutsche BA to incorporate the colors of the German flag. In February 2006, Air Berlin acquired Deutsche BA (operating as dba) from British Airways. By November 2008, Air Berlin had dissolved dba, and incorporated the aircraft into the Air Berlin fleet. By Patrick Dohmen.

FSX - FSX Jetliners

FSX Deutsche BA Boeing 737-500

[ Download | View ]

vl_b735_dba.gif

Name: vl_b735_dba.zip

Size: 24,992,071 Date: 08-09-2021

FSX Deutsche BA Boeing 737-500. This is a repaint of Vistaliner's B737-500 (Winglets). Complete aircraft. Founded in March 1992 as a subsidiary company of British Airways, Deutsche BA was a low-cost airline, whose focus was on flights throughout Germany & Europe, with feeders to London's Gatwick Airport, and links to OneWorld Partners, specifically, Iberia Airlines and Finnair. In February 2006, Air Berlin acquired Deutsche BA (operating as dba) from British Airways. By November 2008, Air Berlin had dissolved dba, and incorporated the aircraft into the Air Berlin fleet. OY-ADK was an actual aircraft in the Deutsche BA/DBA fleet. It was the only 737-500 to ever fly for the company. It is painted in the Landor Livery of British Airways, which was modified for Deutsche BA to incorporate the colors of the German flag.

FSX - FSX Jetliners

FSX Deutsche BA Fokker F-100

[ Download | View ]

Name: pf100_dba.zip

Size: 2,729,056 Date: 08-15-2021

pf100_dba.gif

FSX Deutsche BA Fokker F-100. Textures only. This is a repaint of Project Fokker's Fokker 100 v2 (required). Founded in 1992 as a subsidiary company of British Airways, Deutsche BA was a low-cost airline, that provided flights throughout Europe, with emphasis on internal flights in Germany. It also had links to OneWorld Partners, Iberia Airlines and Finnair. D-AGPF was one of 8 Fokker 100s to serve in the Deutsche BA fleet. D-AGPF ran a flight from Munich, Germany to Florence Italy. D-AGPF was delivered to DBA in February 2006, about the time that Air Berlin acquired Deutsche BA (operating as dba) from British Airways. It remained with DBA until August 2006. In November 2008, Air Berlin had dissolved dba, and incorporated the aircraft into the Air Berlin fleet. This is a fictitious livery for this aircraft. By Patrick Dohmen.

FSX - FSX Turboprops

FSX Deutsche BA Saab 340

[ Download | View ]

pad_s340_dba.gif

Name: pad_s340_dba.zip

Size: 9,078,075 Date: 08-16-2021

FSX Deutsche BA Saab 340. Textures only. This is a repaint of Premier Aircraft Design's Saab 340 (required). The repaint is done in the Landor Livery of Deutsche BA from the early 1990s. Founded in 1992 as a subsidiary company of British Airways, Deutsche BA was a low-cost airline, whose focus was on flights throughout Germany & Europe, with feeders to London's Gatwick Airport, and links to OneWorld Partners, specifically, Iberia Airlines and Finnair. In February 2006, Air Berlin acquired Deutsche BA (operating as dba) from British Airways. By November 2008, Air Berlin had dissolved dba, and incorporated the aircraft into the Air Berlin fleet. This aircraft is one of 8 Saab 340s that were transferred from Delta Air to Deutsche BA in March 1992. It originally flew with the livery of Delta Air with the logo replaced. They were eventually repainted to the updated livery for Deutsche BA. Eventually all Saab 340s were replaced with Fokker 100s. By Patrick Dohmen.

• 2 weeks later...

FSX - FSX Turboprops

FSX Deutsche BA Saab 2000

[ Download | View ]

pad_s2000_dba.gif

Name: pad_s2000_dba.zip

Size: 6,838,029 Date: 08-29-2021

FSX Deutsche BA Saab 2000. Textures only. This is a repaint of BSMP*'s Saab 2000 (required). The repaint is done in the Landor livery of Deutsche BA from the early 1990s. Founded in 1992 as a subsidiary company of British Airways by Delta Air & British Airways, Deutsche BA was a low-cost airline, whose focus was on flights in Germany with additional routes to England, Italy, Spain, & Turkey. Deutsche BA also had links to OneWorld Partners, specifically, Iberia Airlines and Finnair. In February 2006, Air Berlin acquired Deutsche BA (operating as dba) from British Airways. By November 2008, Air Berlin had dissolved dba, and incorporated the remaining aircraft into the Air Berlin fleet. Deutsche BA's initial fleet consisted of Saab 340A's and Saab 2000's. The D-ADSE was primarily used for short jaunts between Munich and its neighboring cities of Stuttgart, Frankfurt, and Aachen, as well as routes to Italy. By Patrick Dohmen.

* - I accidentally gave credit to Premier Aircraft Designs for the Saab 2000, when actually it is a model from BSMP. I've corrected it here in this entry, and I've left a comment on the texture download as well that you need BSMP's Saab 2000 which is available on AVSim Library.

With this release, I've now released all of the basic aircraft types (that I'm aware of) that were used by Deutsche BA in it's 16 years of operation. I am willing to take on any commissions for specific registrations of the 737-300, 737-400, 737-500, Saab 340, and Saab 2000. I will also be working on updating/fixing the repaints of previously released aircraft to fix a list of issues that I came across after initial release. I hope everyone's enjoying what I've released so far! I appreciate all the downloads over the last couple of months! I've enjoyed doing this work! And putting Deutsche BA back out there for FSX!

• 3 weeks later...

FSX - FSX Jetliners

FSX Deutsche BA Texture Updates

[ Download | View ]

dba_textures_update.gif

Name: dba_textures_update.zip

Size: 29,591,126 Date: 09-19-2021

FSX Deutsche BA Texture Updates. Textures only. This pack is a texture update pack for the Deutsche BA aircraft repaints released for Flight Simulator X by Patrick Dohmen. These textures adjust the color scheme to be more accurate to the British Airways/Deutsche BA Landor Livery of the 80s and 90s. I also adjusted the liveries so that they're more universal across the different types of aircraft. This was done to give it a more "fleet" feel. You must have the base aircraft for this to work. What you will need: Project Open Sky Airbus A340-200; TDS Boeing 727-200; Vistaliner's Boeing 737-300; Vistaliner's Boeing 737-400; Vistaliner's Boeing 737-500; TDS Boeing 737-800; Project Fokker 100's F100 TAY 650; Thomas Ruth's MD DC-10 pack (DC-10-30 specifically; By Patrick Dohmen.

• 3 weeks later...

FSX - FSX Turboprops

FSX Deutsche BA ATR42-X

[ Download | View ]

vcol_atr42x_dba.gif

Name: vcol_atr42x_dba.zip

Size: 14,873,066 Date: 10-07-2021 Downloads: 30

FSX Deutsche BA ATR42-X . This is a repaint of VirtualCol's ATR42X series aircraft. The repaint is done in the Landor livery of Deutsche BA from the early 1990s. Founded in 1992 as a subsidiary company of British Airways, Deutsche BA was a low-cost airline, whose focus was on flights throughout Germany & Europe, with feeders from London's Gatwick Airport, and links to OneWorld Partners, Iberia Airlines and Finnair. In February 2006, Air Berlin acquired Deutsche BA (operating as dba) from British Airways. By November 2008, Air Berlin had dissolved dba, and incorporated the aircraft into the Air Berlin fleet. These aircraft are fictious turboprop liners with the liveries D-LLAP (ATR 42-320), D-PLPA (ATR 42-500), and D-ILUB (ATR 42-600). By Patrick Dohmen.

• 2 weeks later...

FSX - FSX Jetliners

FSX Deutsche BA Boeing 757-X

[ Download | View ]

qw_757_dba.gif

Name: qw_757_dba.zip

Size: 36,908,459 Date: 10-20-2021

FSX Deutsche BA Boeing 757-X. Textures only and manual installation only. This is a repaint of the payware QualityWings - Ultimate 757 Collection Pack, specifically the 757-200 and 757-300 passenger aircraft. The repaint is done in the Landor livery of Deutsche BA from the early 1990s. Founded in 1992 as a subsidiary company of British Airways, Deutsche BA was a low-cost airline, whose focus was on flights throughout Germany and Europe, with feeders to London's Gatwick Airport, and links to OneWorld partners, specifically, Iberia Airlines and Finnair. In February 2006, Air Berlin acquired Deutsche BA (operating as dba) from British Airways. By November 2008, Air Berlin had dissolved dba, and incorporated the aircraft into the Air Berlin fleet. This aircraft is a fictious liner, painted in the Landor livery of British Airways, and modified for Deutsche BA. By Patrick Dohmen.

FSX - FSX Jetliners

FSX Deutsche BA Airbus A300-600

[ Download | View ]

toma306_dba.gif

Name: toma306_dba.zip

Size: 4,235,640 Date: 10-23-2021

FSX Deutsche BA Airbus A300-600. This is a repaint of Thomas Ruth's Airbus A300-600 (TOM306R.ZIP). The repaint is done in the Landor livery of Deutsche BA from the early 1990s. Founded in 1992 as a subsidiary company of British Airways, Deutsche BA was a low-cost airline, whose focus was on flights throughout Germany & Europe, with feeders to London's Gatwick Airport, and links to OneWorld Partners, Iberia Airlines and Finnair. In February 2006, Air Berlin acquired Deutsche BA (operating as dba) from British Airways. By November 2008, Air Berlin had dissolved dba, and incorporated the aircraft into the Air Berlin fleet. This aircraft is a fictitious liner, painted in the Landor Livery of British Airways, and modified for Deutsche BA. By Patrick Dohmen.

FSX - FSX Jetliners

FSX Deutsche BA Airbus A310-300

[ Download | View ]

toma313_dba.gif

Name: toma313_dba.zip

Size: 2,085,886 Date: 10-24-2021

FSX Deutsche BA Airbus A310-300. This is a repaint of Thomas Ruth's Airbus A310-300. The repaint is done in the Landor livery of Deutsche BA from the early 1990s. Founded in 1992 as a subsidiary company of British Airways, Deutsche BA was a low-cost airline, whose focus was on flights throughout Germany & Europe, with feeders to London's Gatwick Airport, and links to OneWorld Partners, specifically, Iberia Airlines and Finnair. In February 2006, Air Berlin acquired Deutsche BA (operating as dba) from British Airways. By November 2008, Air Berlin had dissolved dba, and incorporated the aircraft into the Air Berlin fleet. This aircraft is a fictitious liner, painted in the Landor livery of British Airways, and modified for Deutsche BA by incorporating German flag colors. By Patrick Dohmen.