Will my machine run MSFS 2020 with VR Headset??

Incey

Greetings,

I plan on purchasing MSFS2020 in a few months and would like to utilize a Reverb headset for IR. Can you tell me if my machine is ready for it all?

CPU: AMD AM4 Ryzen 73700x3.6GHZ (4.4 GHZ) (i have no idea why the 4.4 GHZ is in parenthesis, maybe it can be overclocked?)

Memory: 16GB

Harddrive: 512 GB

Video Card: Radeon KX 570 4GB PCI-Express

I also have a Saitek yoke, pedals, etc. from 8 years ago when I was playing FSX.

Thanks in advance!

Your CPU looks very adequate. To use VR you will need to change a few things. I highly recommend 32 GB of ram, preferably 3200 speed. You really need a M.2 storage drive for VR. Your HDD can't really keep pace with the scenery demands. The KX 570 GPU is just barely the minimum to run the program conventionally, and below what you will need in VR. A RX 5700XT or RX 6800 GPU will probably be the way to go to get acceptable VR performance. The program really challenges even the best GPUs.
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU