Update V Success Stories

There's a plentiful number of gripes, so I thought I'd start a thread with MY positive experience with the new Upgrade this morning. It took 'about' 30-45 minutes to download and install the Basic upgrade, then another 15-20 minutes for 8 or 9 other upgrades I found in the Marketplace area to include my Deluxe version upgrade.

I tried the nice scenery tour flight around the Giza pyramids without issue, then a couple flights out of my home base Midway Airport in Chicago. Landed at Meiggs without incident too. The scenery to my aging eyeballs looks about the same as pre-Upgrade, so no complaints there either.

I then exited the program, waited a few minutes and restarted it without a problem, it 'seems' to me that it loads just slightly quicker than before? I dunno. Then a couple more flight from a few airports - no issues. I must sincerely apologize and admit that I too am one of those 'annoying' people who has never experienced a CTD with MSFS 2020 since I installed it last year. No, I don't/can't run it at Ultra but many of my settings ARE at High and it works just fine and dandy, even with my mid-range desktop PC.

Please understand I am NOT slamming those who ARE having issues, I'm merely stating MY positive experiences with the game in contrast. I 'suspect' however that I am NOT in the minority of MSFS 2020 owners, quite the opposite in fact. So take the commentary for what its worth considering how much you paid to read my post - lol

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

I have also had a success story with update 5. no CTds, and my overall graphics have gone from low to med. to now mostly med to high. I am also running at 2k resolution with render scale at 80. I am blown away with the graphical and frame smoothness with this update.

My PC is low end, but at least now I can enjoy the sim and get to see some of the potential of what the sim can deliver. I can hold off now upgrading my computer, will not spend money on inflated component parts at the moment.

Thank you Asobo, please don't screw up the frame rate improvements in the next update.

________________________________________________________________________________

i5 3570k oc @ 4.3ghz 16gb ddr3 RAM, 1TB HDD GTX970 300mbps internet 43" 4K television

i5 3570k oc @ 4.3ghz, 16gb DDR3 Ram, 1TB HDD, GTX 970, 43" 4K Hisense TV , Logitech Yoke and Rudder, Logitech Flight panels.

I misread the titles as “update vs success” LOL

I actually did have a few CTDs last week after updating, and I had uninstalled the sim and did a full reinstall.

But.. the hotfix pretty much sorted it. I did get another CTD today when I tried loading the A320 Neo (it crashed as soon as I hit “fly”) Not too bothered though as I don’t usually fly the airliners anyway. Overall I’m happy with it :)

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

I have the same install as when it was released. I just flew from Brookings South Dakota to Des Moines Iowa in the Longitude, with no issues.

BrookingsSD1.jpg

Brookings Descent.jpg

BrookingsDM.jpg

I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

...I had uninstalled the sim and did a full reinstall.

But.. the hotfix pretty much sorted it

Regards

Steve

:facepalm:

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

I just tried a short flight out of St. Louis Lambert International, in the A320. I didn't encounter a problem?

SLLam.jpg

I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

I tend to fly VR nowadays, but I was in 2D mode when it crashed... and I had just dragged the display across all three screens (TV’s) which I have done many times, but I guess it didn’t like it this time LOL

I’ve also just had another CTD tonight, this time in VR. I had just installed some new Orbx scenery and was flying above Blackpool Plsure Beach, while recording with OBS - it probably didn’t help but it still shouldn’t have crashed. Maybe it would have been better if I had rebooted the pc after installing the scenery? Anyway I shall try again later

Just checked the recording.. taken before the CTD. I had a round cursor in the middle of the screen for some reason (possibly from OBS?) Also I was clicking the toolbar at the time of the crash...

Update: just flown over there again (& again I was recording) there was a lot of stuttering this time. I quit OBS and the stutters went. All smooth again and no CTD (yet)

I’ve used OBS several times without any problems, but maybe the update is affecting it now,

Regards

Steve

Edited by g7rta

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

You may have seen the lengthy thread I started about "Total Disaster." You may not have seen my penultimate post in that thread, to the effect that the "hotfix" seemed to have solved my problems. So life is good again. (Until the next "update.")

And to Randy: I don't know what % of users had problems, and you may indeed be in the majority. But I believe the consensus, even among happy campers, is that the number and intensity of complaints after Update V has been remarkable.

I have the same install as when it was released. I just flew from Brookings South Dakota to Des Moines Iowa in the Longitude, with no issues.

Hey Bob are you using the improvement mod on the Citation? Just wondering....

Thermaltake Ryzen Gen 9 3900x 12 cores, 4.6 ghz 32 gig of Ram, Liquid Cooled Everything.

I eventually had a major issue--sim crashing when I clicked "fly"--but after I'd had no problems for the better part of a week after the update. I don't know what set off the CTDs; I suspected that my preceding attempt to integrate Navigraph with the sim may have had something to do with that, though it also may have been purely coincidental. I went through two uninstalls/reinstalls, and since then no problems with getting to the runway and into the air. I previously ran the sim on medium settings because when I experimented with high settings I noticed an occasional stutter. But now I run on high settings all the time and it's very smooth. So I'll give kudos to Asobo for their performance improvements.
HP Omen 25L Desktop, Intel i7-1070 CPU, 32 GB DDR RAM, Nvidia 3070 GPU, 1 TB SSD, Logitech flight yoke, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, multi-panel, radio panel, TrackIR 5