Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Update V Success Stories

Default Update V Success Stories

There's a plentiful number of gripes, so I thought I'd start a thread with MY positive experience with the new Upgrade this morning. It took 'about' 30-45 minutes to download and install the Basic upgrade, then another 15-20 minutes for 8 or 9 other upgrades I found in the Marketplace area to include my Deluxe version upgrade.

I tried the nice scenery tour flight around the Giza pyramids without issue, then a couple flights out of my home base Midway Airport in Chicago. Landed at Meiggs without incident too. The scenery to my aging eyeballs looks about the same as pre-Upgrade, so no complaints there either.

I then exited the program, waited a few minutes and restarted it without a problem, it 'seems' to me that it loads just slightly quicker than before? I dunno. Then a couple more flight from a few airports - no issues. I must sincerely apologize and admit that I too am one of those 'annoying' people who has never experienced a CTD with MSFS 2020 since I installed it last year. No, I don't/can't run it at Ultra but many of my settings ARE at High and it works just fine and dandy, even with my mid-range desktop PC.

Please understand I am NOT slamming those who ARE having issues, I'm merely stating MY positive experiences with the game in contrast. I 'suspect' however that I am NOT in the minority of MSFS 2020 owners, quite the opposite in fact. So take the commentary for what its worth considering how much you paid to read my post - lol
    "Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
    HP Pavilion Desktop [email protected], 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 200 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke and throttle quadrant, TFRP rudder pedals, Grass Monkey Odyssey IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick

I have also had a success story with update 5. no CTds, and my overall graphics have gone from low to med. to now mostly med to high. I am also running at 2k resolution with render scale at 80. I am blown away with the graphical and frame smoothness with this update.
    My PC is low end, but at least now I can enjoy the sim and get to see some of the potential of what the sim can deliver. I can hold off now upgrading my computer, will not spend money on inflated component parts at the moment.

Thank you Asobo, please don't screw up the frame rate improvements in the next update.

________________________________________________________________________________

i5 3570k oc @ 4.3ghz 16gb ddr3 RAM, 1TB HDD GTX970 300mbps internet 43" 4K television

I misread the titles as “update vs success” LOL

I actually did have a few CTDs last week after updating, and I had uninstalled the sim and did a full reinstall.
    But.. the hotfix pretty much sorted it. I did get another CTD today when I tried loading the A320 Neo (it crashed as soon as I hit “fly”) Not too bothered though as I don’t usually fly the airliners anyway. Overall I’m happy with it

Regards
    Steve
    Intel I9-10900K - Gigabyte Z490 Vision G - 64Gb DDR4 - Gigabyte RTX2080ti - 3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs
    Corsair HXi series 1000W 80+ Platinum PSU - 1x500gb & 1x1TB M.2 SSDs. - Reverb G2 VR Headset
    Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit - Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

I have the same install as when it was released. I just flew from Brookings South Dakota to Des Moines Iowa in the Longitude, with no issues.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BrookingsSD1.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	178.8 KB 
ID:	226934   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Brookings Descent.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	189.6 KB 
ID:	226935   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BrookingsDM.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	305.6 KB 
ID:	226936  

I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

Quote Originally Posted by g7rta View Post
    ...I had uninstalled the sim and did a full reinstall.
    But.. the hotfix pretty much sorted it

Regards
    Steve
    :facepalm:
    Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

I just tried a short flight out of St. Louis Lambert International, in the A320. I didn't encounter a problem?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SLLam.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	155.2 KB 
ID:	226937  
    I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

I tend to fly VR nowadays, but I was in 2D mode when it crashed... and I had just dragged the display across all three screens (TV’s) which I have done many times, but I guess it didn’t like it this time LOL

I’ve also just had another CTD tonight, this time in VR. I had just installed some new Orbx scenery and was flying above Blackpool Plsure Beach, while recording with OBS - it probably didn’t help but it still shouldn’t have crashed. Maybe it would have been better if I had rebooted the pc after installing the scenery? Anyway I shall try again later

Just checked the recording.. taken before the CTD. I had a round cursor in the middle of the screen for some reason (possibly from OBS?) Also I was clicking the toolbar at the time of the crash...
    https://youtu.be/o_3QHYsgcQM

Update: just flown over there again (& again I was recording) there was a lot of stuttering this time. I quit OBS and the stutters went. All smooth again and no CTD (yet)
    I’ve used OBS several times without any problems, but maybe the update is affecting it now,

Regards
    Steve
    Last edited by g7rta; 08-05-2021 at 05:56 PM.
    Intel I9-10900K - Gigabyte Z490 Vision G - 64Gb DDR4 - Gigabyte RTX2080ti - 3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs
    Corsair HXi series 1000W 80+ Platinum PSU - 1x500gb & 1x1TB M.2 SSDs. - Reverb G2 VR Headset
    Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit - Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Cool It Seems the Hotfix Worked!

You may have seen the lengthy thread I started about "Total Disaster." You may not have seen my penultimate post in that thread, to the effect that the "hotfix" seemed to have solved my problems. So life is good again. (Until the next "update.")

And to Randy: I don't know what % of users had problems, and you may indeed be in the majority. But I believe the consensus, even among happy campers, is that the number and intensity of complaints after Update V has been remarkable.

Quote Originally Posted by plainsman View Post
    I have the same install as when it was released. I just flew from Brookings South Dakota to Des Moines Iowa in the Longitude, with no issues.
    Hey Bob are you using the improvement mod on the Citation? Just wondering....

No, I am flying it stock.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast