simwest closing its doors...

Clutch Cargo

Hi all. I wanted to get the word out that simwest will be closing its doors on September 1. We had planned to roll out 3D photoreal scenery across the USA but after the release of MSFS sales for our scenery has dried up. Had a fun time over the past several years with this part-time hobby/business but for now I’ll be returning just as a simmer.

This notice is also a big THANK YOU to my patrons who enjoyed my products and beta testers who made it happen.

For you customers, keep in mind that our servers will shut down on September 1st so attempting to install using the simwest installers will no longer work. You will need to make a copy of your installed version which is really quite simple:

1. Make a copy of your current, working simwest product folder and place it elsewhere for future use if needed.

2. Copy the main Autogen folder found in FSX, P3Dv1 thru P3Dv5 and also copy that to your backup location.

3. Make a copy of the AutogenConfiqurationMerger.exe file you installed when you used the simwest installer and keep it with simwest backup. The installer asked you where to install it so just grab it from there.

4. To reinstall, just place the backup files/folders where you originally got them from.

See ya in the skies!