Whatever was causing MSFS to crash after I loaded a flight and clicked "fly" has disappeared after a second uninstall/reinstall of MSFS. Perhaps unfairly, I suspected Navigraph of causing my problems because I hadn't had any serious issues with Sim Update 5 before I installed Navigraph and linked it to the sim, other than one or two mid-flight CTDs. MSFS only became unflyable afterward. First, I canceled my Navigraph one-month subscription and deleted all their software, but that didn't resolve things. I did a complete uninstall/reinstall and that didn't solve my problems. Before the second reinstall, I searched my system's "apps and features," and discovered that I still had some Navigraph stuff, which I completely deleted. Then I reinstalled MSFS. Since then it's been smooth flying. So I have to wonder whether Navigraph is compatible with Sim Update 5. Whether it is or isn't, I've decided to live without it.
HP Omen 25L Desktop, Intel i7-1070 CPU, 32 GB DDR RAM, Nvidia 3070 GPU, 1 TB SSD, Logitech flight yoke, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, multi-panel, radio panel, TrackIR 5

Not sure if it is navigraph because i have navigraph and use it every flight . Not saying it was not a problem on your rig but definitely not on mine . I hope that did not come out snarky or anything:-) I just think that it's all different things for everyone , as sad as that sounds.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Not sure if it is navigraph because i have navigraph and use it every flight . Not saying it was not a problem on your rig but definitely not on mine . I hope that did not come out snarky or anything:-) I just think that it's all different things for everyone , as sad as that sounds.

I don’t think it was snarky. There’s likely no cause/effect. Maybe I did something wrong or out of order with Navigraph. I think it may have started with logging in to their simlink app. But that’s just my guess. Software is a black box to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HP Omen 25L Desktop, Intel i7-1070 CPU, 32 GB DDR RAM, Nvidia 3070 GPU, 1 TB SSD, Logitech flight yoke, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, multi-panel, radio panel, TrackIR 5

Ok inam glad you did not take that the wrong way. I read a lot of your posts on here and really did not want to offend you:-)

But on navigraph, I love it. It works great. Gives me all rhe info I need. I usually take about 15 to 20 min with a pad and write down my departure info all my way points dme frequencies and my ils frequency and so on. Then. Have it running while I am flying on a 3rd monitor . 1st being the main 65 inch curved, second being my garmin 530.

But keep up the great posts !!

Ok inam glad you did not take that the wrong way. I read a lot of your posts on here and really did not want to offend you:-)

But on navigraph, I love it. It works great. Gives me all rhe info I need. I usually take about 15 to 20 min with a pad and write down my departure info all my way points dme frequencies and my ils frequency and so on. Then. Have it running while I am flying on a 3rd monitor . 1st being the main 65 inch curved, second being my garmin 530.

But keep up the great posts !!

Thanks, I'm glad you enjoy my posts. I may give Navigraph a second try. But first, I need to understand how to install it; it's possible I messed up somewhere.