Not to be a contrarian.....

I live in a rural area and have one internet provider with very slow service; 3mbs is the fastest I get. (I have fiber coming into my area in the next few months which will be life changing!!) I was reading a lot of the input on this latest update. I had to take my computer to work one day and to my daughters another day to download the update. Also, I had just installed a new, secondary SSD drive and moved MSFS to that drive. As a result, the download said it was repairing the program and downloaded 121 Gb of data! When it was finished I moved the contents of my Community folder to the new drive and then, with great fear, opened the program. And everything worked perfectly!! It may be my life is charmed, but so far, except for the initial download which had the looping problems, everything has worked after every update. I'll knock on wood right here because I see a new hotfix coming soon! I really feel for those having the problems and sure don't understand why I don't. But I just enjoy my low and slow hours flying VR in MSFS!

Very, very good news, but it's entirely possible that the reinstallation, which was considered a mistake at the time, is what saved you from the many problems plaguing so many others. Lots of them have solved problems that appeared with SU5 by reinstalling the entire Sim.
Ryzen 5800X, RTX 3080, 32GB RAM (3600),EVGA 850W Gold PSU, Gigabyte X570 Master mb, Noctua NH-U12A, Samsung 1TB 970 EVO+ PCIEe 3, D: drive 1TB PNY PCIe 3, Honeycomb yoke and throttle quadrant, LG 34" ISP 1440 monitor, Internet 230 Mbs over Wi-Fi

Way to go! :)

Glad you’re enjoying it.. and in VR too!

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Hi guys,

Because I have been busy scenery developing outside the sim it wasnt until yesterday I did the su5 update.

Everything went as smooth as silk, so I wonder if some of peoples issues are to do with everyone trying to download the update soon after release. ?

With Microsoft's server capacity being what it is this shouldn't be an issue however it is definitely something I will bear in mind for future updates.

I feel for those having problems with the sim as we would all rather by flying than fault fixing but so far for me any issues I have experienced have been minor and not stopped me flying. I have only had 1 CTD in the last year and I didn't alter anything to fix that, it just never happened again.

To those having problems, don't give up, this sim is well worth the effort to work through any issues and the answer is usually to be found in the forums.

Best regards

Stinger

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk