SU5 Hotfix 2 due Friday 6th or Monday 9th

The announcement has been made on flightsimulator.com:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/regarding-your-feedback-upcoming-hotfix/436063

"Thank you for your comments over the last 7 days with the recent Sim Update 5 release. We have seen and read from the core simming community and recognize there is some feedback that needs to be addressed. We have spent the past several days looking over it, reviewing, exploring the details and immediately started working on fixes.

As a result, a hotfix is coming in the next few days (target is Friday but could move to Monday) to address some of the issues as soon as possible. Here is a summary of the hottest topics we have seen in the forums.

Volumetric Lighting is Missing – This was a shader bug and will be addressed in the upcoming hotfix.

LOD Popping and Stutter when Camera Panning – PC Simmers with graphics set to Ultra will experience this when panning the camera around very quickly. We are working on a new option that will allow you to customize how much off-screen scenery will be cached. We are aiming for this to be released on August 24th (World Update 6).

Low Resolution Ground Texture – This is a bug introduced when we fixed tree draw distance from high latitudes and will be addressed in the upcoming hotfix.

CTDs – We are currently investigating and are planning on several fixes for World Update 6.

Washed out Graphics and Cloud Appearance – Attempted improvements to the cloud appearance introduced an overexposure of the world. This will be addressed in the upcoming hotfix. We are planning on a brightness slider for an upcoming Sim Update to allow visual customization of your sim.

Aerosoft CRJ – We have found and fixed a bug in an open-source math library that is part of Web Assembly [wasi-libc] which was part of the CRJ and has been resolved. A new package will be made available in the next few days.

ATC Incorrect Altitude – The pressure altitude has been brought in line with the new altimeter simulation and ATC should no longer ask you to get to your current altitude if you’re already there. This is addressed in the hotfix. Further improvements to the altimeter and ambient pressure system will be coming in World Update 6.

Temperature Spikes – The previous hotfix did not fix all cases of the issue. This is being addressed in the upcoming hotfix.

This is not an exclusive list - we are investigating all the issues that have been communicated and we will give updates in the Feedback Snapshot on August 12. We acknowledge and apologize for the gap in our communication. Thank you again for your continued support and patience!"

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

so CTDs to continue through world update 6.....that's real encouraging. Seems a few things they are making us wait until update 6. I'm starting to loose faith in Asobo as well. Not to the point to leave to go to another sim, but they're development skills are a complete disaster. I say Microsoft Fire them and have a developer take over that knows what its doing.

Just pay attention to what your Beta testers say and actually listen to them before releasing another broken Hotfix. I can't believe no one noticed half the errors in Performance Update 5 before it was released.

Thermaltake Ryzen Gen 9 3900x 12 cores, 4.6 ghz 32 gig of Ram, Liquid Cooled Everything.

I hope Asobo work out what killed the Aerosoft Simple Traffic add-on project. It looked really promising there for a while.
Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

So, were getting a hotfix to fix the hotfix??

lol

Can't wait :)

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

At least Asobo is responding and trying to fix things. Some developers would tell you to pound sand.

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus Motherboard, I9-10900K 5.1 Ghz, 64 GB 3200 DDR4 Ram, Nvidia RTX 4080 16GB V-Ram, 1 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For Windows 11, 2 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For MSFS, 850W P/S, HP Reverb G2 VR Headset, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit, Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals.

At least Asobo is responding and trying to fix things. Some developers would tell you to pound sand.

I'm thinking Microsoft should do that to Asobo, and get someone capable of developing a true flight sim again.

Thermaltake Ryzen Gen 9 3900x 12 cores, 4.6 ghz 32 gig of Ram, Liquid Cooled Everything.

This MSFS is really hard to figure out. A few days ago I tried launching it and it wouldn't launch, Instead I get some message about having to install some mandatory update at the Microsoft store.

I click OK and it takes me to the store but I have no idea where this update is. Then they start talking about some hot-fix, No idea where to find that either, So decide to say to H---l with it.

Tonight I'm going to get my son to help me so I launch the game to show him what happens, Now it automatically starts installing some kind of update. No idea what it is. But seems to download and install all by itself, and will wonders never cease, Now the game is working fine again. Have launched it about 3 or 4 times and seems to work ok. Can anyone explain what is happening with this stupid thing?

Even if they don’t get things right at first, Asobo are certainly working hard to correct things. Ok, they may break a couple of other things in the process :) but it’s good to know they are doing something about it.

I hope the fix is out on Friday, not that I’m really having any problems since the last hotfix, but it’ll be interesting to see whet they’ve done.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Even if they don’t get things right at first, Asobo are certainly working hard to correct things. Ok, they may break a couple of other things in the process :) but it’s good to know they are doing something about it.

I hope the fix is out on Friday, not that I’m really having any problems since the last hotfix, but it’ll be interesting to see whet they’ve done.

Regards

Steve

Yea, good points :)

Just hoping I can install it, lol

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

I'm really concerned about this new hotfix.

I've been checking one by one all my add-ons after last week's tsunami, have discarded some forever and some temporarily until they're updated, and re-instated the rest.

Now I'm shaking just thinking about a new hotfix, in case all that work may become useless.

All in all, this concept of "on-line sim" is proving exhausting, and I'm not sure anymore if I'll hold out for much longer.

Windows 10 Home - Intel i7 9700 4.70GHz - 32Gb DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1660 OC 6Gb - Kingston 512Gb SSD - Internet 1Gbps (test 600+ Mbps)

This MSFS is really hard to figure out. A few days ago I tried launching it and it wouldn't launch, Instead I get some message about having to install some mandatory update at the Microsoft store.

I click OK and it takes me to the store but I have no idea where this update is. Then they start talking about some hot-fix, No idea where to find that either, So decide to say to H---l with it.

Tonight I'm going to get my son to help me so I launch the game to show him what happens, Now it automatically starts installing some kind of update. No idea what it is. But seems to download and install all by itself, and will wonders never cease, Now the game is working fine again. Have launched it about 3 or 4 times and seems to work ok. Can anyone explain what is happening with this stupid thing?

I've noticed it takes a minute or two for the MS Store MSFS update to pop up to download. All the Candy Crush Saga, etc. crap comes up first.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

I've noticed it takes a minute or two for the MS Store MSFS update to pop up to download. All the Candy Crush Saga, etc. crap comes up first.

I think I waited long enough. Even tried it 2 or 3 times at first. Wonder , that thing that started installing all by itself, was that the mandatory update I was supposed to install?