Thread: Msfs 2020 update v :

Blog Entries

Post Msfs 2020 update v :

After some 7 hours of reinstalling the sim I am having the same problem that i had before. never mind all the hoopla about fast frame rates, I can not even get the sim to load a flight! A clean reinstall left me with a very slow loading time and when finally completing a flight plan and hitting FLY, NOTHING HAPPENS. waiting up to an hour and can only use the "ctrl-alt- del" salute to close it down. I read about the update and installed the recommended hotfix! The only thing I did differently in the reinstall is to place the "contents" in a special folder C:/msfs2020 which I had working fine before update V! Help and support on this only leaves one more frustrated as the digital replies just do not work in resolutions. Help, from Microsoft is virtual or non existent! It's predetermined questions and replies just seems to be kick in the face as the frustrations grows with each dollar invested in this sim! It is my hope that this issue is a more simply one than I can see. Three days of tinkering has left me with nothing! As I try to remain optimistic, my patients is growing shorter and shorter. it is my hope that someone can help me here. Please!!

windows 10 pro; 32 mb ram; Radeon 6000 series vid card; 2 T SSDHD ; Intel I7 chip

Hi, sorry to hear you’re having all these problems. May I ask the usual question though.. do you have any addons installed? Not just in the community folder.
    Or rather.. could you still have addons partly installed from before the update? People often go on about the community folder but not all addons end up there and could easily get overlooked when it comes to uninstalling / reinstalling the sim.
    You may not have any of course but it’s worth asking.

Regards
    Steve
    Intel I9-10900K - Gigabyte Z490 Vision G - 64Gb DDR4 - Gigabyte RTX2080ti - 3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs
    Corsair HXi series 1000W 80+ Platinum PSU - 1x500gb & 1x1TB M.2 SSDs. - Reverb G2 VR Headset
    Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit - Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Quote Originally Posted by g7rta View Post
    Hi, sorry to hear you’re having all these problems. May I ask the usual question though.. do you have any addons installed? Not just in the community folder.
    Or rather.. could you still have addons partly installed from before the update? People often go on about the community folder but not all addons end up there and could easily get overlooked when it comes to uninstalling / reinstalling the sim.
    You may not have any of course but it’s worth asking.

Regards
    Steve
    To confirm, because you didn't explicitly say so, do you mean installed from the in-game marketplace?

I ask, because very soon I may need to go through this process myself.
    Ryzen 3 3100 @ 4.4 GHz
    16 GB @ 3200 MHz
    GTX 970
    2560 x 1080

I wasn’t particularly thinking of the marketplace. You would presume uninstalling the sim also removes anything bought via the marketplace.. but then I usually find after uninstalling the sim I still have to delete several gigabytes left behind (very easy on mine though as I install in a separate folder on my second drive)
    I was thinking more of other addons. I know there are some I have installed that have been installed the a default location. Even if they place themselves in the community folder I’m sure there are files placed elsewhere.. and I’ve never bothered to check.
    It was another post on the forum a week or two ago that made start to think of this. The other poster suggested it & I think they’re right.

Regards
    Steve
    Intel I9-10900K - Gigabyte Z490 Vision G - 64Gb DDR4 - Gigabyte RTX2080ti - 3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs
    Corsair HXi series 1000W 80+ Platinum PSU - 1x500gb & 1x1TB M.2 SSDs. - Reverb G2 VR Headset
    Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit - Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Ah, copy that. Thanks.

I sent my CPU back for an RMA just before the update hit, so I've been on the sidelines for the latest update. When my replacement arrives in a few days, I think I'll just remove the sumbitch and any trace it left behind. Then do a 100% vanilla install and see how it goes. No mods, no marketplace. Hell, I'll even skip the word updates...
    Ryzen 3 3100 @ 4.4 GHz
    16 GB @ 3200 MHz
    GTX 970
    2560 x 1080

Blog Entries

thanks Steve, but i had no add on installed or running!

Blog Entries

Windows was all updated too!