Flight sim and little nav

I create a flight plan on the flight sim and copy flight plan on paper. Then I go to little nav and enter waypoints under new flight plan. When I go back to fs 2020 I have to start from the beginning and create the same flight plan as before. Is there a way of importing the fs flight plan directly into little nav with out above procedure?

After you "create flight plan", open file>Export Flight Plan as MSFA 2020PLN...as shown in screen shots below.

FLIGHT-PLAN-B.jpg

FLIGHT-PLAN-D.jpg

RAM: Team T-Force 32GB CPU: RYZEN 7 3700X 8-Core 3.6 GHz (4.4 GHz Max Boost) Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 super C Drive: M.2 SSD 1.0tb CPU Air Cooler: DEEPCOOL GAMMAX GTE V2, PSU: Bronze 600W, Flight Stick: Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS, W10

Start the flight plan in Little Nav. It works great. Especially if you tell it to link to MSFS for the airport and nav aids data. Then as Inky says you go to File > Export flight plan as MSFS 202. You will be able to open the flight plan in the world map and take it from there

I've had to play around with the plan once it's imported. MSFS likes to changes the waypoints based on VOR or ILS. I had (lost them when I reinstalled) plans which took me over certain areas of Jacksonville, FL (a tour), same thing with New York and London.

MSFS wanted me to fly the correct approaches etc.,

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

I create a flight plan on the flight sim and copy flight plan on paper. Then I go to little nav and enter waypoints under new flight plan. When I go back to fs 2020 I have to start from the beginning and create the same flight plan as before. Is there a way of importing the fs flight plan directly into little nav with out above procedure?

SSP76,

I am going to address the last part of your question regarding importing the plan to Little Navmap from MSFS as requested in your original post.

Here are the steps that I use when working with Little Navmap. (Which is every flight)

1: I have created a folder called "MSFS Plans" (Location should be one you can remember easily. Mine are on 'One Drive') The default folder is very hard to find in a windows explorer window if you do not know the exact path. This is why I made my own folder in an easy place to find.

2: In MSFS, create your flight plan in your usual manner.

3: In MSFS, save your plan (hit space bar 2 times). In the window that opens change click save. Next window navigate to your Plan Folder. Look for 'Save as type' and change the option to .pln file. Not absolutely necessary as the .pln file will be created along with the .flt file (I do not use the .flt files). It is the .pln file that is needed. Give it a name that makes sense to you.

4: Once the plan has been saved you can the import it to Little Navmap using the next few steps. First start Little Navmap.

5: If necessary, check to see that you are connected to MSFS. (Status at the bottom of the window.

6: If necessary, check to see that the scenery library for MSFS is loaded. Click 'Scenery Library' on the menu bar at the top. The drop down menu will show the library that is currently being used. (dot beside the name)

7: If all is good so far, click on 'File' on the menu bar. Click the second option 'Open Flight Plan'

8: Navigate to the folder that you saved the flight plan in and select the plan. (This part of the process is only required the first time you go to the folder. Little Navmap remembers the location for you, as long as you do not change it.) It will bring the plan into Little Navmap as you created it. Do not worry about the message that your plan has no valid starting position. You can set that in a bit if necessary. I find I have to do this a lot in MSFS, so I make note of my starting position when I create the plan.

9: Steps 5 & 6 are only necessary once unless you make changes.

I hope this is of some use to you. I make up fight plans in this manner for every flight.

Hal

Alienware Aurora R13, I7-12700KF, 16g DDR5 4400 memory, 256g NVMe boot drive, 1 - 2t NVMe m.2 drive for Apps, 2 - 1t SSD for Data, GeForce RTX 3080 TI 12g, Windows 11 Pro.

SSP76,

I am going to address the last part of your question regarding importing the plan to Little Navmap from MSFS as requested in your original post.

Here are the steps that I use when working with Little Navmap. (Which is every flight)

1: I have created a folder called "MSFS Plans" (Location should be one you can remember easily. Mine are on 'One Drive') The default folder is very hard to find in a windows explorer window if you do not know the exact path. This is why I made my own folder in an easy place to find.

2: In MSFS, create your flight plan in your usual manner.

3: In MSFS, save your plan (hit space bar 2 times). In the window that opens change click save. Next window navigate to your Plan Folder. Look for 'Save as type' and change the option to .pln file. Not absolutely necessary as the .pln file will be created along with the .flt file (I do not use the .flt files). It is the .pln file that is needed. Give it a name that makes sense to you.

4: Once the plan has been saved you can the import it to Little Navmap using the next few steps. First start Little Navmap.

5: If necessary, check to see that you are connected to MSFS. (Status at the bottom of the window.

6: If necessary, check to see that the scenery library for MSFS is loaded. Click 'Scenery Library' on the menu bar at the top. The drop down menu will show the library that is currently being used. (dot beside the name)

7: If all is good so far, click on 'File' on the menu bar. Click the second option 'Open Flight Plan'

8: Navigate to the folder that you saved the flight plan in and select the plan. (This part of the process is only required the first time you go to the folder. Little Navmap remembers the location for you, as long as you do not change it.) It will bring the plan into Little Navmap as you created it. Do not worry about the message that your plan has no valid starting position. You can set that in a bit if necessary. I find I have to do this a lot in MSFS, so I make note of my starting position when I create the plan.

9: Steps 5 & 6 are only necessary once unless you make changes.

I hope this is of some use to you. I make up fight plans in this manner for every flight.

Hal

Oy! And when you finally finish doing all of that, it’s time for dinner, or later. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HP Omen 25L Desktop, Intel i7-1070 CPU, 32 GB DDR RAM, Nvidia 3070 GPU, 1 TB SSD, Logitech flight yoke, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, multi-panel, radio panel, TrackIR 5

Oy! And when you finally finish doing all of that, it’s time for dinner, or later. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry if you think it is too much trouble. It only adds about 30 to 40 seconds to my start up for the flight.

I wanted to give a very descriptive procedure so it could be followed easily.

Hal

Alienware Aurora R13, I7-12700KF, 16g DDR5 4400 memory, 256g NVMe boot drive, 1 - 2t NVMe m.2 drive for Apps, 2 - 1t SSD for Data, GeForce RTX 3080 TI 12g, Windows 11 Pro.

Actually, it's not that much work. 30 or so seconds sounds about right. Nice directions Hal!
Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

Why not just start in Little Navmap? The search options on the right-side column allow search by airport code, or city, or state. Then pick from the result(s) by right-clicking and choosing Add as Departure, or Add as Destination. It will display in the center map window the routes and the endpoints. Navigation aids can be picked from the map and selected as "add to flightplan". It all works pretty well. When navigating over mountains it will also tell you what the minimum safe altitude is. Very handy in Colorado.