New World Updates

I took the leap of faith and installed the update 5 world updates and looks like they actually did a fair job on London but I am an American and I like to fly out of Boston a lot. The terminal buildings well on has no walls just the jet ways and a floating deck and come on the Boston Bridges? A six year old could build a better looking bridge with Lego blocks. Like a sucker I bought the Premium edition and even though it will work stand alone it really works better and probably on purpose using the XBox platform. I have tried it both ways. I wouldn't mind except we were told it was going to be better then it is and I stand by two rules in my life. 1. Do not lie to me and 2, Don't get me hurt. Well micro-poop lied to us and hurt my wallet. Anybody who ,defends them either works for them or just doesn't get it.

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

I took the leap of faith and installed the update 5 world updates and looks like they actually did a fair job on London but I am an American and I like to fly out of Boston a lot. The terminal buildings well on has no walls just the jet ways and a floating deck and come on the Boston Bridges? A six year old could build a better looking bridge with Lego blocks. Like a sucker I bought the Premium edition and even though it will work stand alone it really works better and probably on purpose using the XBox platform. I have tried it both ways. I wouldn't mind except we were told it was going to be better then it is and I stand by two rules in my life. 1. Do not lie to me and 2, Don't get me hurt. Well micro-poop lied to us and hurt my wallet. Anybody who ,defends them either works for them or just doesn't get it.

I am not defending anybody, but I am having a different experience from yours following the SU5 update; for me, it works great with significantly improved performance even in scenery-dense areas such as NYC, LA, and London, and no reduction in quality that I can see, with graphics set to ultra. I am not an employee of Microsoft or Asobo, so that must put me in your "don't get it" category. But in fact, I do get it. The question is, why such different results for different simmers? I don't pretend to know the answer, but I suggest that the ability of one's computer system to handle MSFS is a likely factor. The specs you report point in that direction, e.g., your 8 MB ram, i7-4770, and GTX 1070. These would be fine for FSX, but not necessarily for MSFS. But I am not an expert, just raising this as a possibility.

Alienware Aurora R11, 32 GB ram, Intel i7-10700F, GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Edited by cobalt

I am not defending anybody, but I am having a different experience from yours following the SU5 update; for me, it works great with significantly improved performance even in scenery-dense areas such as NYC, LA, and London, and no reduction in quality that I can see, with graphics set to ultra. I am not an employee of Microsoft or Asobo, so that must put me in your "don't get it" category. But in fact, I do get it. The question is, why such different results for different simmers? I don't pretend to know the answer, but I suggest that the ability of one's computer system to handle MSFS is a likely factor. The specs you report point in that direction, e.g., your 8 MB ram, i7-4770, and GTX 1070. These would be fine for FSX, but not necessarily for MSFS. But I am not an expert, just raising this as a possibility.

Alienware Aurora R11, 32 GB ram, Intel i7-10700F, GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Sorry wrong specs in my FSX signature. I am using this:

Using a KVM Switch to watch a larger screen

ASUS - ROG Zephyrus M15 15.6" Gaming Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Max-Q - 1TB SSD - Prism Gray

I to have been getting mine to work rather well using the xbox platform. The true issue I believe are the third party add ons for one and the fact that the marketing hype led us all to believe this would be more than it is. I think it is just a scientific experiment now and we are the Ginny pigs to tell you the truth.

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

Can moderators please put an end to these posts? They're really getting old now.....thanks!

Then don't read them

Mike G.

Can moderators please put an end to these posts? They're really getting old now.....thanks!

Johnny I agree with you 100%. How about these people ask for help rather than making a statement. These people need to make their statement on the FS9 forum. We want to help people. Not having to read their diatribe.

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus Motherboard, I9-10900K 5.1 Ghz, 64 GB 3200 DDR4 Ram, Nvidia RTX 4080 16GB V-Ram, 1 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For Windows 11, 2 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For MSFS, 850W P/S, HP Reverb G2 VR Headset, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit, Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals.

Johnny I agree with you 100%. How about these people ask for help rather than making a statement. These people need to make their statement on the FS9 forum. We want to help people. Not having to read their diatribe.

Whilst I can partly understand your response, this is a forum where people talk to each other, positive and negative. It's not simply a place to ask for help unless there's a rule I haven't read.

I am having issues with places like London. I have a download speed of around 36Gb/s but this is insufficient to load the buildings, often leaving them like molten blobs of rock and informing me that my bandwidth is too low. The game is smooth but I miss London looking like London and not Hiroshima 1945. I've tried all the steps to solve this without success, just want to vent my frustration!

System: I7 8700k 3.7Ghz, RTX3070 inno3d iChill X4, 32Gb 3000Mhz Corsair Vengeance RAM, 2 x 1Tb ssd, 1 x M.2 ssd, 1 x 250Gb ssd, 32" Gigabyte monitor, Thrustmaster T.16000m controller

Whilst I can partly understand your response, this is a forum where people talk to each other, positive and negative. It's not simply a place to ask for help unless there's a rule I haven't read.

I am having issues with places like London. I have a download speed of around 36Gb/s but this is insufficient to load the buildings, often leaving them like molten blobs of rock and informing me that my bandwidth is too low. The game is smooth but I miss London looking like London and not Hiroshima 1945. I've tried all the steps to solve this without success, just want to vent my frustration!

I downloaded and installed the free Europe upgrade and improvements and they did a nice job on London

Mike G.

The game is smooth but I miss London looking like London and not Hiroshima 1945. I've tried all the steps to solve this without success

This what works for me - In Content Manager, disable the UK Cities scenery (and Japan & USA if you're not keen on those either), then disable Photogrammetry in the Data settings.

I'd rather see generic autogen in sharp focus than a post-apocalyptic disaster zone.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

This what works for me - In Content Manager, disable the UK Cities scenery (and Japan & USA if you're not keen on those either), then disable Photogrammetry in the Data settings.

I'd rather see generic autogen in sharp focus than a post-apocalyptic disaster zone.

That's the thing, I had no issues with the scenery prior to the update, all the buildings generated as they should. Admittedly, not the best but coupled with the Orbx city pack, enjoyed flying over London so don't want to remove them, just want them to show as they are designed to. This issue now is the fact that the buildings aren't generating into the finished article and I suspect it's data bandwidth but surely 36Gb/s should be enough, it has been previously.

System: I7 8700k 3.7Ghz, RTX3070 inno3d iChill X4, 32Gb 3000Mhz Corsair Vengeance RAM, 2 x 1Tb ssd, 1 x M.2 ssd, 1 x 250Gb ssd, 32" Gigabyte monitor, Thrustmaster T.16000m controller

I have a good D/L speed and saw the same buildings. However, I was able to see the building POP into place a lot of the time.
Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

I don't work for MicroSoft or Asobo (if I do, please send all that back pay!!?), but I didn't have any of the nightmares others are reporting. I am still running the same installation since 11 months ago. I just had a 54 minute flight from KOLU to KSUX, and no CTDs or issues.

A few suggestions. Make sure you have plenty of empty drive space. If you have 70% of your drive full, you are asking for trouble with updates. Don't go deleting stuff from the program. One of the most vociferous complainers, mentioned deleting a bunch of files a few weeks ago. Clean your catch regularly. Keep Windows updated. And, maybe most importantly, don't rush to be first in line for updates, when the servers are under heavy load. Hang back a day, and it may save you time in the long run!

KOLU NEast1.jpg

KOLU NEast2.jpg

KSUX.jpg

I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

A few suggestions. Make sure you have plenty of empty drive space. If you have 70% of your drive full, you are asking for trouble with updates. Don't go deleting stuff from the program. One of the most vociferous complainers, mentioned deleting a bunch of files a few weeks ago. Clean your catch regularly.

Can you confirm where the cache is? It's the only thing I've not tried so worth a go. I know the path, just not sure which file or folders within it.

The only place I'm experiencing problems is over high density photogrammetry bar a few CTD's.

Thanks