Please help with uninstall. I am lost.

Unfortunately I need to do an uninstall of msfs 2020 Steam edition but I cannot find all the "hidden folders", bits and pieces I need to also remove before I do a reinstall. Is there a step by step guide out there.... or can someone walk me through please. Help someone please.

do a search on MSFS 2020 clean uninstall. Or MSFS 2020 clean uninstall for Steam. You will get results. I did the same thing earlier today. I simply could not resolve the problem where the Flight sim window just vanished. So now I am reinstalling after doing the cleanup. The first time since I originally installed 7 months ago. But the download is taking forever.

Wish me luck. Hope it works for you too.

Pat

I had to do a reinstall as well, it took 12+ hours over a 400meg/sec connection (which it never came close, lol)
Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

It is taking an extreme long time. I have had download going for something like 16 hours. The download speed never exceeds 20 Mbps and is often down around 6 or 7. I assume it is the servers as my connection is good for at least 40. It puts me at 76% complete right now. And I assume I will have to do more when I get to Content Manager.

Pat

It is taking an extreme long time. I have had download going for something like 16 hours. The download speed never exceeds 20 Mbps and is often down around 6 or 7. I assume it is the servers as my connection is good for at least 40. It puts me at 76% complete right now. And I assume I will have to do more when I get to Content Manager.

Pat

Yes, but not as bad. I think it took me 20 minutes to get the World Updates I was really interested in.

I never got above 40 either. I started it at 1pm, went to bed at 10pm (60% ish), got up at 6am to find it all installed.

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

Update: It completed about 1 PM. Then I added just a couple of packages from Content Manager, which were a couple of earlier World Updates for USA and Great Britain. I have tested and it is working.

Well after I figured out about the blue knobs problem on the instrument panel. Tried to set the altitude for the Autopilot and it would not let me change it at all. Now I have fixed the setting. Flew a good flight in DA40 but crashed the landing due entirely to pilot error. But at least I am back to flying.

I did what I thought was a clean uninstall/reinstall of my Steam edition MSFS yesterday after the sim simply quit working. (I could launch MSFS; I could go to the World Map to set up a flight, but when I tried to load it, MSFS crashed.) Yesterday evening, when I went to add/remove programs and clicked to "uninstall" MSFS, a Steam uninstaller came up. I'd never seen that previously. Anyway, I clicked on it and thought it finished too soon. So I went to the file path--with which I am now overly familiar (c:\users\my name\appdata\roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator) and found that the MSFS folder was still there. So I deleted that folder and everything in it, which I thought had taken care of the problem of leftover bits and pieces, and then reinstalled MSFS. After that, I was able to launch MSFS, get into the cockpit, and take off (and land). So I thought I'd solved my problem, whatever it was. Well I hadn't. I can't get past the World Map again this afternoon. When I try to load any kind of flight, even just a simple takeoff with no destination, MSFS crashes. So either I'm missing something, or the damn sim is kaput. Is this our problem or Asobo's?
HP Omen 25L Desktop, Intel i7-1070 CPU, 32 GB DDR RAM, Nvidia 3070 GPU, 1 TB SSD, Logitech flight yoke, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, multi-panel, radio panel, TrackIR 5