Texture(s) used by Afcad

hjwalter

Hi there guys,

Yes, I remain a diehard Afcad program user because it's (for me) simpler than ADE and still does everything I need it to do. However, my "dirt" runway textures have quite suddenly become a green/yellow-ish color instead of the original light brown. A clear incorrect texture, which has somehow been replaced/overwritten/corrupted when I wasn't looking.

Taxiways and ground polygons are all still the original "dirt" colors and it's only the runways which give me this problem.

When I dis-assemble any "dirt" runway AF2_XXXX.bgl file into XML, I see that "DIRT" is specified for the runway but I cannot find any direct link to the related texture (.bmp) file.

I've searched my whole FS9 folder for "Dirt.bmp" textures, have found a few but temporarily disabling them had no effect.

Does any of you experts know where the Afcad program looks for it's runway "dirt" texture or otherwise know of a solution ?

Thanks in advance and stay healthy.

Regards

Hans

Bernard,

Thanks for your reply and explanation. I have now been able to solve my problem, firstly because of the file name you supplied and secondly because I was now able to replace the whole series from one of my very old backups.

Thanks again for your help.

Hans

Glade that you resolved the problem.

Meahnwhile I have myself a question about runway texture. Does anyone knows which runway* bmp file generates the 'unknown textured runway'? Normally it's unvisible. It cetainly should be one of the files form 'runway14' to 'runway68'. I replaced all these files with 'taxi_dirt.bmp' texture, but no one of these runways appears.

Thanks for any advice.

Bernard

• 2 weeks later...
nothing wrong with afcad at all, in fact i prefer it over ade myself. i use a combination of afcad and ade. if all i am doing is adding gates and nothing else i use AFCAD as it is more user friendly that ade. but if say i have to move half of the airfield 459 feet to the right (i am doing this to KDAL this weekend) so all the gates, runways, taxiways etc fit like they are supposed to. then you have to use ade.

• 8 months later...

I have to change my opinion on this. I am much better at ade now and prefer it over afcad. I still use afacd and always will. But for airports i frequently fly to i use ade. For airports i only use for ai puposes when all i need is the gate for the AI but i doubt i will ever fly to said airport then i use afcad to go in add a assigned gate and get out.

Both are great products and i wish the authors still supported them or updated them (both rograms give me warnings to update the program). ADE has a steeper learning curve is all.