Modern Microsoft Flight Simulator the most unstable game ever?

I have had no end of problems with this sim. Yes - when it works it is good.... However every time they bring out a MUST HAVE update it stops working. I have had to pay twice.... I bought the Premium version - then after about three or four crashes it failed to ever work again. So I bought the standard version. Each time my internet supplier told me I had used up my monthly allocation... Then that basic version failed.. And the Jabiru that I paid for was gone.... That was last year. Now we have upload 5 and it is happening again. Nothing works. Worst program EVER!

Sorry to hear you’ve had so many problems, but to say nothing works is not the case for everyone. Presumably you’ll have already been through this.. but what’re your pc specs? That’s usually the first place to start (it’s a good idea to list these in your forum signature)

Is Windows 10 up to date? Graphics card drivers etc? Maybe with a bit more info somebody here can help.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Maybe with a bit more info somebody here can help.

At the risk of stealing Plainsman's thunder, it sounds like the internet connection is the weakest link.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

It's probably nothing to do with your hardware or internet connection.

After this update, I find:

Unable to fly anywhere near London with Orbx addons enabled (Payware from so called Market Place)

Cessna 172 - Unable to move fuel selector

At times unable to get back to options or menu as the escape key does not work.

G1000 heading selector no longer works properly.

G1000 CDI selection softkey does not work properly.

Had plenty of problems before the update but none of these.

I agree, it's the most unstable software that I have ever come across.

Will wait for the next patch or hotfix and just hope that does not break too much

Geoffff

Hi Geoff, I agree the Orbx London addons don’t work with it at the moment (had to disable mine) but we can’t really blame Asobo for that. It tends to happen with most major updates. No doubt Orbx will update the addons within a few days. They usually do.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Hi Steve

Yes, Orbx are pretty good at sorting their products out quickly. However I do not think it is acceptable for the end user to have to try and figure out which addons are causing the problem when those addons were marketed and sold within the developers product.

This particular problem was soon sorted out, because one knew where to look for the cause of the problem, but this is not always so.

For many months I had CTD's after a short period flying and tried everything to try and sort them out, including monitoring the cpu heat as suggested in this forum. Eventually I discovered that the CTD's were caused by faulty flight plans. If you make a flight plan in the sim, then fly it, go back to the main menu and make another flight plan, more often than not, the first flight plan remains in the memory and the GPS. Moreover external flight plans (I used littlenavmap) also cause havoc. Load a flight plan and then starting off runway causes the flight plan to be cleared. I believe it is these issues which caused the CTD's

I have flown many hours now by restarting the sim after flying a flight plan and by not using an external flight planner. I have not had a single CTD.

If you look at Zendesk, the problem with flight plans has been there since the sim was released. The bugs have yet to be fixed.

I think the point I am trying to make is that it is the responsibility of the developers to ensure that their software is fit for purpose, and not that of the end user.

I only use the GA aircraft as a 'scenery viewer', I gave up on the larger aircraft a long time ago. Now I can't use a full tank of fuel in the Cessna 172 because I can't move the fuel lever from selecting the right tank. As I say, it's the most unstable piece of software I've ever come across.

Geoff