Back to FS9 after a break.

markhoare

Hi guys and gals. I am returning to my beloved FS2004 and FSX too after finally throwing in the towel with MSFS2020. I am looking forward to happy simming again in clear blue skies over Alaska in a DeHavilland Beaver! No more spending all my free time try to fix the unfixable MSFS2020.

Welcome back.

Life is too short. You know a game is bad when you need to live on forums just to keep it running.

With FS9 and the other sims you can use this time to study aviation, aircraft etc. This is how it's supposed to be.

A few are also starting to get a sniff MSFS may just be a XBox game!

Mark Daniels

Hi guys and gals. I am returning to my beloved FS2004 and FSX too after finally throwing in the towel with MSFS2020. I am looking forward to happy simming again in clear blue skies over Alaska in a DeHavilland Beaver! No more spending all my free time try to fix the unfixable MSFS2020.

People still have to find a way to announce it. Lol. You know you can just go back you your ancient sim without telling everyone don’t you?

Thermaltake Ryzen Gen 9 3900x 12 cores, 4.6 ghz 32 gig of Ram, Liquid Cooled Everything.

Yeah it’s ancient, but embarrassingly, does just about everything better then MSFS. There something wrong with that somewhere.

with SOME of my experiences with MSFS, I have to agree, but on a whole it is a more powerful simulator than most people realize. Its a shame that Asobo has taken the route it does to develop it. I was going to go back to Prepar3d for a while, but I'm not blurting it out all over the place either. What people do is what people do.

Thermaltake Ryzen Gen 9 3900x 12 cores, 4.6 ghz 32 gig of Ram, Liquid Cooled Everything.

People still have to find a way to announce it. Lol. You know you can just go back you your ancient sim without telling everyone don’t you?

Forums should be for everything. Just like someone can say they like a sim they should also be able to say they don’t.

I’m totally happy for you to call FS9 ancient or whatever else. It’s not my child, it’s just a game and it’s always interesting to read what people think of it positive or negative.

Mark Daniels

Forums should be for everything. Just like someone can say they like a sim they should also be able to say they don’t.

I’m totally happy for you to call FS9 ancient or whatever else. It’s not my child, it’s just a game and it’s always interesting to read what people think of it positive or negative.

Use a little common sense though please - look up the prior OP's original posts, and you will notice NONE asking for help with MSFS.....so I have to wonder, did he even own it? Was it his excuse to go to the MSFS forum and start looking for trouble? My magic 8 ball points the answer towards YES when Iw weigh in the evidence of MSFS ownership.

I did the same thing with P3d: gave up after eighteen months of free and payware addons, trying to turn it into something I liked.

P3d works very well for a lot of people -- I just wasn't one of them. Though I'm not following its trajectory, I guess a lot are very pleased with MSFS too.

GK has no filters. At the risk of provocation, it's definitely a popcorn situation when I'm not on the receiving end ;)

I've mentioned this countless times until I'm blue in the face, but can we please try and respect one another.

We shouldn't have to keep removing posts or closing threads...it just gets silly and as adults, quite frankly, you should all know better.

At the end of the day, all of you enjoy the same thing...flight simulation. Surely that common ground is enough to form some kind of community spirit or bond.

It doesn't matter what sim you use (old or new), all that matters is that you have fun.

Thanks

Dominic

Very true Dom, I've been on lots of forums for one thing or another and most times it is good and friendly then someone posts something and then another has a go at them then they retaliate and so on then the thread gets locked and sometimes if it gets really bad someone gets banned.

It's not worth it, when someone falls down help them up.

Col.

I've mentioned this countless times until I'm blue in the face, but can we please try and respect one another.

We shouldn't have to keep removing posts or closing threads...it just gets silly and as adults, quite frankly, you should all know better.

At the end of the day, all of you enjoy the same thing...flight simulation. Surely that common ground is enough to form some kind of community spirit or bond.

It doesn't matter what sim you use (old or new), all that matters is that you have fun.

Thanks

Dominic

I’ll never invite cobalt or kevinfolsom to my barbecue.

The line has to be drawn somewhere. 🍗🍖🤣

Edited by Skywatcher12
Mark Daniels