Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A cautionary tale...

Angry A cautionary tale...

Hi all,

Just a quick post to warn any potential buyers not to buy the the Microsoft/Asobo flight simulator. It is a total disaster. Sim update 5 has broken it completely. I removed the sim from my system and tried a reinstall and guess what, it won't even reinstall. The only possible way forward is to reinstall windows 10 from scratch and try again but even that might not work. So please be careful people, this sim is a total waste of money.

So it is back to FSX and my beloved FS9 which I will continue to use indefinitely. Microsoft and Asobo, you are a waste of space.

You need to report this on the official forums here: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/c...erformance/211
    Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."
    Xbox Series X and a big smile! Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7, Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz, NZXT X62 Kraken, 32Gb Corsair DDR4 3000, 2x 2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD's, LG DVDRW, NVidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb, CH Yoke & Pedals, Dell P2815Q 28" 4k, Win 10 Pro x64

Quote Originally Posted by markhoare View Post
    Hi all,

Just a quick post to warn any potential buyers not to buy the the Microsoft/Asobo flight simulator. It is a total disaster. Sim update 5 has broken it completely. I removed the sim from my system and tried a reinstall and guess what, it won't even reinstall. The only possible way forward is to reinstall windows 10 from scratch and try again but even that might not work. So please be careful people, this sim is a total waste of money.

So it is back to FSX and my beloved FS9 which I will continue to use indefinitely. Microsoft and Asobo, you are a waste of space.
    Ok, you talked me into it. I'll stick with FS9. lol
    Mark Daniels

Ya I would agree at this point if your not using an Xbox and have game pass it probably should be avoided until things start getting ironed out.

In comparison (and I am not saying I am going back to xplane). I used xplane prior to this sim and kept watch on there forums. Over the course of there updates including the switch to Vulcan I never saw any where near the degree of complaints bugs.

Yes I know FS2020 is far more complex than xplane but on the other hand the resources that MS/ASOBO has at there disposable to get this thing right far exceeds that of Laminar/xplane.

Something is vary wrong here and I think its getting to the point that this sims reputation will start to precede itself leading to drastically reduced sales and eventual demise well before the ten year promise of development that ASOBO has planed

Thank you for the reply kind sir. I was really just venting my spleen at the developers. As more and more people turn away the reputation of microsoft/asobo with crash. I have tried all the fixes known to the internet over the last few days and have reached my limit. The very best of luck of to all those who can make it work,
    But I am done with it.

“The very best of luck of to all those who can make it work”

Thank you

Regards
    Steve
    Intel I9-10900K - Gigabyte Z490 Vision G - 64Gb DDR4 - Gigabyte RTX2080ti - 3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs
    Corsair HXi series 1000W 80+ Platinum PSU - 1x500gb & 1x1TB M.2 SSDs. - Reverb G2 VR Headset
    Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit - Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Venting can be good for your mental health but some people on the forum don't like it. On the other hand where else would you vent? It is not like anyone else is even going know what your talking about outside a FS forum.

Thank you for the reply kind sir. I was really just venting my spleen at the developers. As more and more people turn away the reputation of microsoft/asobo with crash. I have tried all the fixes known to the internet over the last few days and have reached my limit. The very best of luck of to all those who can make it work,
    But I am done with it.
    I feel your pain. I was in the same boat as well. Uninstalled it, then could not get it even start, despite numerous fixies etc.

Only when the hot fix was released could I get it to start the download.
    Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce GTX 1660, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler

Hi all,

Even though I finally have gotten my '2020 to work for more than just a few minutes at a time (now I only suffer CTD only occasionally so far), I would agree. I have used Microsoft Flight Simulator since way back in FS4 days (that's pre - Information Superhighway) and I have never had even the remotest trouble as I have had with FS2020. I am planning on going back to FSX until Asobo starts to get their......Stuff together.
    Intel Core i7 3930K 3.2 GHz, 16GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060, Windows 10

Hi all,

MSFS is a great sim and has worked for me from day 1 and every update has not caused any issues. Do not believe everything you read on the Internet.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast