MSFS 2020 Crashes on landing

Hi All

I have had issues with the FS crashing when i am touching down on a runway, My FS has never worked correctly since the update

I have done loads of updates today, Updated Windows 10, Uninstalled Radeon 5700 and in installed with the newest drivers , Increased virtal memory to max for 16GB , I have followed most of the steps in this youtube Video

If flying the 787 out of heathrow or Glasgow plus other airports , When i am coming back until land everything seems OK until my wheels touch the ground and i get a blank screen with a message saying that they will inform Windows of the issue for a fix.

This is happening with other aircraft but i have been able to land on landing challenges.

I have come to the stage , Do i do a full uninstall of the FS or wait hoping for a fix.

On another note , Will it be better to install on a wd passport 2tb ultra external drive rather than my hard drive?

Thank you for any help

Malc

Hi Malc,

have you installed yesterday’s hotfix? I would normally assume you would have had to, but one or two others haven’t been offered the update yet.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

This is happening with other aircraft but i have been able to land on landing challenges.

I have come to the stage , Do i do a full uninstall of the FS or wait hoping for a fix.

On another note , Will it be better to install on a wd passport 2tb ultra external drive rather than my hard drive?

Thank you for any help

Malc

Have you tried the same landings with your Community folder completely empty?

Have you tried emptying both your rolling cache and your manual cache (which is advisable after any major update?

Have you tried disabling "damage to aircraft) in your settings to see if the same thing happens?

Does it happen only at one airport at at many?

Do not give up, there must be a reason. MSFS runs best if on a separate 1GB internal SSD if at all possible as the transfer speed is so much faster, I would try and avoid exterior HDs if possible.

Good luck!

ROG CROSSHAIR VII HERO, AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080, 32mg ram, Dell AW3420DW (3440x1440@50Hz)