Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Navigraph subscription, worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by Aptosflier View Post
    Thanks. But why create the plan in the World Map, save it and then load it into the G3000? Does that work better than just creating the plan in the map and then jumping into the plane, where it's already loaded by default?
    If I understand your question, I think if you save the plan to file, it becomes instantly available for future use in other Garmin panels to name a few:
    Garmin GNS530 - Piper PA44 Seminole
    Garmin G1000 - Diamond DA62
    Garmin G3000 - TBM 930
    RAM: Team T-Force 32GB CPU: RYZEN 7 3700X 8-Core 3.6 GHz (4.4 GHz Max Boost) Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 super C Drive: M.2 SSD 1.0tb CPU Air Cooler: DEEPCOOL GAMMAX GTE V2, PSU: Bronze 600W, Flight Stick: Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS, W10

Quote Originally Posted by inky160 View Post
    Once you've planned your flight using the world map, save it as example kwvi to ksmf. The path file will be located here:
    C:\Users/nameAppData\Local\Packages/Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\localstate\kwvi ksmf.pln
    This is just one way of importing flight plans from external sources, into the g3000 and other Garmins.
    I can't figure out a way to save a flight plan in the World Map, other than to fly it, after which it's saved in my logbook, where I can click on any previously flown flight and fly the same route again. I looked for an option to create a plan and save it without doing all that, but I couldn't find one. What did I miss?
    HP Omen 25L Desktop, Intel i7-1070 CPU, 32 GB DDR RAM, Nvidia 3070 GPU, 1 TB SSD, Logitech flight yoke, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, multi-panel, radio panel, TrackIR 5

I can't figure out a way to save a flight plan in the World Map
    World Map flight plans are saved by title name of your choice, in a file location here:
    C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\localstate\kwvi ksmf.pln
    As noted in an earlier post, if you save the plan to file, it becomes instantly available for future use in other Garmin panels to name a few:
    Garmin G3000 - TBM 930

A few screen shots for reference:

Name:  LOAD-SAVE-SAVE.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  29.6 KB

Name:  WORLD-SAVE-AS-KWVI-KSMF-a.jpg
Size:  54.4 KB
    RAM: Team T-Force 32GB CPU: RYZEN 7 3700X 8-Core 3.6 GHz (4.4 GHz Max Boost) Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 super C Drive: M.2 SSD 1.0tb CPU Air Cooler: DEEPCOOL GAMMAX GTE V2, PSU: Bronze 600W, Flight Stick: Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS, W10

Default Grrrr

So I deleted Navigraph this afternoon because its plugin(s) seemed to be causing MSFS to crash. Deleting Navigraph and then restarting my computer got rid of the CTD issue, however ... there's a bit of Navigraph left that's pretty well messed up my World Map flight planning. I launched MSFS this evening to double-check that it was still running OK, which it was. To further check it, I tried to file a familiar, low-level IFR flight plan from Watsonville to Monterey, with an ILS approach to RWY 10L, which I've done multiple times. Instead of the flight plan I expected, MSFS generated a ridiculous out-of-the-way FP that I won't get into here. The point is the departure that I'd used before didn't result in the course it had generated previously, and to make matters more confusing there was no longer an option to select an ILS approach to RWY 10L at KMRY, only to RWY 10R. I recalled that when I subscribed to Navigraph (just yesterday), I'd downloaded a "navdata" file. That's the leftover bit that's evidently screwing things up. Now I have to get rid of it to revert to MSFS's "stock data." Turns out Navigraph subscribers can use a handy tool to do this, but because I canceled my subscription already, I now have to: (1) go into the community folder to delete the Navigraph-navdata file that's still in there; then (2) because I have the Steam version I have to go to c:\users\my name\roaming\microsoft flight simulator to delete a "content.xml" file still residing there. This is all according to Navigraph's instructions. I hope there's not more than one of those content.xml files. Also Navigraph didn't get the Steam file path right in its instructions, which is somewhat concerning.
    HP Omen 25L Desktop, Intel i7-1070 CPU, 32 GB DDR RAM, Nvidia 3070 GPU, 1 TB SSD, Logitech flight yoke, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, multi-panel, radio panel, TrackIR 5

Quote Originally Posted by inky160 View Post
    World Map flight plans are saved by title name of your choice, in a file location here:
    C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\localstate\kwvi ksmf.pln
    As noted in an earlier post, if you save the plan to file, it becomes instantly available for future use in other Garmin panels to name a few:
    Garmin G3000 - TBM 930

A few screen shots for reference:

Name:  LOAD-SAVE-SAVE.jpg
Size:  29.6 KB

Name:  WORLD-SAVE-AS-KWVI-KSMF-a.jpg
Size:  54.4 KB
    I think Navigraoh disappeared the World Map load/save function. I expect to see it restored (haven’t looked yet) now that I’ve deleted Navigraph and all its bits and pieces because it CTD’d MSFS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12