Four days of living in FLIGHT SIMULATOR HELL.

I have done all of the things that I can think of in trying to solve this problem with MSFS.

Within five minutes from take off the sim would freeze for a moment and then disappear.

I rightfully thought to myself “here we go again”.

I kept one eye on FlightSim.com while I started to see if I could fix it myself.

People were starting to post problems and several suggestions followed.

I checked out a couple of things and tried to comprehend what others were saying.

After a day with no success it was very late and I decided to do a complete reinstall.

That will take six hours so I started the operation and I went to sleep.

After the reinstall, the problem was still there.

I called the Microsoft support line.

I explained the problem to the Tec. and he connected to my computer.

He wanted to go on a test flight to see the problem first hand.

After the flight he moved around inside the program to several places did and a couple of things.

He then said that he might have problem corrected but first he wanted me to take him for another test flight.

The problem was still there.

He then said that there was nothing else he could for me.

He gave me a case number and refereed me to this Zendisk thing and that proved to be more of the same. My ear was getting sore.

Back at FlightSim.com more reports were coming in.

With my skill level being what it is, I figured if tried some of the suggestions offered I would go deeper into trouble.

That’s it, I’m done. I’m tired of MSFS. I want to go back to FS X.

I never encountered stuff like this with FS X.

Walmart has a new FS X for $129. (I wonder how that happens)

I was about to “add to cart” when a little voice inside told me to slow down.

Microsoft would not dare let something like this slide. Wait a day or two and see what happens.

That was yesterday.

This morning I was looking at FlightSim.com and decided to try yet another suggestion that pointed to the options.

I fired up the FS but it told me to install a required update before I could fly.

I did what it said, then fired up FS.

I started with my Beloved Baron, then the Bonanza and then the DA62 and enjoyed 1.5 hours of error free flights.

I hope that I have not spoke to soon.

VFRguy

Edited by VFRguy

Hi Glen, we’ve all had problems with the big update (well most of us at least) I personally would never phone Microsoft about the sim though as they probably haven’t got a clue.. as indeed you have discovered. Asobo are the people behind the sim and they have clearly been rushing around for the last two days to bring us the hotfix. It seems to have fixed various things for me, while others are still having problems. Glad it seems to be working for you too.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Thanks for reminding me about the fact that Asobo is who I should be thanking for the Hotfix that fixed my problem.

I keep forgetting about that.

It must be their weird name.

I will remember them after today.

btw

I just finished a 200 mile trip around Oklahoma without any problems.

so far so good.

No worries :).

I too am really enjoying the sim since installing the hotfix. Some say that the scenery has been dumbed down with the latest update but I can’t say I’ve noticed.

Take a look at this... just been flying around the ruins of “Fountains Abbey” here in the UK. The details are incredible. Bare in mind I was flying in VR.. and the graphics are still sharp and so smooth too!

I had intended to look around a bit more, but I discovered that helicopter rotors don’t like getting too close to buildings OOPS

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Four days of living in FLIGHT SIMULATOR HELL.

That’s it, I’m done. I’m tired of MSFS. I want to go back to FS X.

I don't want to sound rude, but you don't have to keep repeating this, if you want to, just do it. My God.

Thermaltake Ryzen Gen 9 3900x 12 cores, 4.6 ghz 32 gig of Ram, Liquid Cooled Everything.