Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Article: Microsoft Flight Simulator Hotfix Is Out

Blog Entries

Default Article: Microsoft Flight Simulator Hotfix Is Out

I still can't see how they can fix several months worth of work with beta testers for a five day worth of work with no beta testers. Oh well, here's hopin!

Blog Entries

These guys are Pirates!!!! just two days ago they send an update that downloaded slower than a turtle in the desert!!! messed up most addon planes, modified the controls settings and blocked when you want to make changes to them, plus causing the dam sim to close whenever it decides to. Now another piece of badly programmed update (as usual) which sends you to the MS Store and the dam updater bombs out at every try and asks you to send an error report....You French programmers are puitting France in shame!!!!! quit making those stupid updates mandatory and let us use the game as we like,,,,,what a piece of..................................?

Still waiting to jump into MSFS202, but seeing all of these continuing issues, think maybe this program is a little beyond my computer capabilities. Because not having the program, I do not understand all of complexities that you all keep talking about.

This "update" causes my game to crash immediately before displaying the splash screen. So, when's the update to fix the last update going to be available?

I had none of the above mentioned issues. The update loaded quite fast, and except for the annoying 10 seconds it took to change the interaction to legacy there was nothing bothering me in a way that justifies that btching people like sky44 do. It is a flight simulator, meaning one of the most difficult pieces of software to program and there will always be bugs and Asobo is taking them on as fast as they can. As long as people like above mentioned person can not do it better, you should watch your tone. I bet you wouldn't dare to tell that statement to their face.
    >13.000 hrs RL 737/A320 captain speaking.

Quote Originally Posted by engineertom View Post
    Still waiting to jump into MSFS202, but seeing all of these continuing issues, think maybe this program is a little beyond my computer capabilities. Because not having the program, I do not understand all of complexities that you all keep talking about.
    I think for the VAST majority of users MSFS is working well. Maybe not every little item, but 99%. I had the CTD bug with 1,18.13. The hot fix (1.18.14) fixed that.

There will always be people who push it to extremes and expect it to operate like a million dollar professional sim. Those people will be dissatisfied. If you are primarily interested in flying VFR and checking out the beautiful terrain our world has to offer, you like MSFS.

John
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

I just got done straightening out a huge mess with the last update and I am dreading any future updates.

Why do we have to move the contents of the community folder to prevent update problems? I tried to move the contents of the Community folder and every location I tried would not accept them. Now what do I do?

Can't they design Updates so this is not necessary?

If the updates were not mandatory I would take any of them once the sim is working right because they have been nothing but headaches.

for me the update caused the fs to work faster a little bit.
    so it is a very useful update.

Blog Entries

Fellow simers.
    I have had enough of these Frenchmen who every few weeks comes into the realm and try to destroy this "ALPHA-" game!...these updates they shove to us in a Mandatory way!!!! is following the Covid patters of making people do "whatever" some entities decide that they want us to do..."World Control"--"Sim Control".
    This last update was a shambles for thousands of us who trusted they were selling a finished product when they made such fanfare that it was "ready" and reminded us that WE had "Now" to dish out our hard earned money. Since
    then its has been "Hell on Sim"!!!..THE LATEST, destroyed all kind of things, it sent people running up the hills, to the beach, down the river and even made some dig a hole!!!
    For me it was a two day hurdle to just get the dam update from MS Store. It messed up "Gaming Services" so the update simple would not download at all. Finally after reading all kinds of so "called solutions" in forums I found the simplest of all, just went and got the dam app "Fixed" and re-booted. That finally got the dam thing to "update" and then it opened up the game. Big Deal hu? no Sir, --Lost all planes except two, FPS slower than previously and really, really I see no improvement in visuals. Oh, it messed up many of my control settings.
    The Thing is a sham!!! a bunch of Pirates have taken over and we are at their mercy.- Why don't they just stop here, we'll get to port by ourselves, we did in FSX many years ago when the famous "Aces" had us running all over the place.
    Just stop making your dam Updates Mandatory!!!! let us decide what we want, we already paid, right?
    (Oh by the way, most Addon Planes were destroyed!!! literally, now we must wait for the developers to "Update" their planes for them to work again!!! a BEAUTY!!!!!) Devs must prepare for this to be their future!!!!
    Look, lets face it, This is a FLY VFR GAME Period!!! it looks really pretty and that's it.....Add on planes flew well but most of the rest not so good. They love their masks!!!!!
    Last edited by sky44; 08-01-2021 at 01:08 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast