Now that I am getting a better understanding on how the MSFS really works though I fail to comprehend the reasoning of the MS designers like having to remove all of your add ons and or Modifications before updating their idea of improvements, I am definitely gun shy ,of making any changes to my Premium addition of then game so I would really appreciate any and all advice and this question today is looking at the CaptureFS utility requires the FSUICP Module. Now I have and use John Dowson's FSUIPC the paid upgrade in my FSX and the free one for my FS9 with great success so what might I expect trying it with MSFS? Can I expect opening up ma can of worms like a lot of other thins micro—poop throws at us like this last 1.18.13.0 update?

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

I'd avoid it if I were you - if this CaptureFS thing is a screenshot & video capture app, there's a free one already in Windows 10. It's the Xbox Game Bar which does screenshots and videos among many other things - just press Win+G to launch it at any time, you don't even need to be running a game.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I agree. The gamebar works brilliantly. I used it earlier this afternoon to make that little recording. It will also display FPS and more

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

How does that work? I think I might have it turned off. Thought I read turning something like that off made MSFS fly better

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

Now that I am getting a better understanding on how the MSFS really works though I fail to comprehend the reasoning of the MS designers like having to remove all of your add ons and or Modifications before updating their idea of improvements,

The reason why you have to remove all add-ons is simple. Updates change the code of the sim, sometimes quite substantially. Add-ons necesarily need to link in and be compatible with their code. So if they change a part of the code on which an add on relies, a few things can happen: a) It doesn't work quite right, but the sim continues or b) it creates major error in the software, which leads to a crash (of the sim, I mean, not a plane in the sim).

Therefore, you need to remove all add-ons. The developers of the add-ons need to modify thei code to work with the updated code of the sim. This generally takes anywhere from a day or two (liveries) to a week or two (complex aircraft).

That's merely a factual answer to your question. But with all of that said, it know it sucks ass. Nothing we can do about it, though...it's just how this type of software works.

Edited by KiloWatt

Ryzen 5 3600X, 16 GB 3733 MTs RAM, Radeon RX5700 OC, 2560 x 1080 Ultrawide

I understand why like you said but having been flying MS since 1995 FS9 and FSX there was no need for that so why pray tell me did they have to design it the way they did or were they smoking crack?

Mike G.

Yes, I also had FS95 (who can forget their "As real as it gets" mantra), those were the days.

But it's a fair question and I'm not sure (I don't think anyone other than an active MSFS developer can give you a precise answer). However, we know that the sim is much more complex than it's predecessors. I would speculate that in order to achieve the headline features (which necessitates the said complexity), the way that the sim interface to the add-ons had to change and this is what we ended up with.

Not to extinguish any further discussion, but ultimately I think this is a moot point at the moment. It seems like most people are lucky to get 5 minutes into the sim without it crashing. I would focus on just getting the sumbitch running reliably before I'd even think of touching an add-on.

Ryzen 5 3600X, 16 GB 3733 MTs RAM, Radeon RX5700 OC, 2560 x 1080 Ultrawide

Yes, the FS95 I had an Acer CPU 60mhz with the bumbchip. Actually, I have MSFS running pretty smooth occasional crash when experimenting with addons of course and I am running it I found back through the XBox platform even though I have the Premium edition I have tried it up until this last update a stand alone program. Here is the set up I am using for MSFS nothing like my signature build but adequate.

Using a KVM Switch to watch a larger screen

ASUS - ROG Zephyrus M15 15.6" Gaming Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Max-Q - 1TB SSD - Prism Gray

Mike G.