Hotfix - First Impressions

I downloaded a small file update from thr ms store.. launched the sim & it downloaded a bit more. Still only small though.

Decided to start at London City. I haven’t reinstalled my Orbx scenery yet but no point in rushing things.

Anyway, first thing.. it loaded much quicker than it has been doing, so that’s a good sign.

Second thing.. the annoying exclamation marks on the toolbar have gone :)

I clicked on the Flight Assistant.. it’s still there. Clicked on the basic controls app.... CTD.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Mine's downloading 13.89GiB! I had to relaunch it because it hang up on only 3.4kb or something, when it relaunched it had jumped up to 13.89GiB.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Both downloads for me were only about 300Mb. I think I read on the official forum that it’s only about 300Mb - so what is yours trying to install?

By the way.. during the update (as the sim was launcing) Norton came up with a message I’ve never seen before... questioning Microsoft Flight Sim..and it displayed the connection & port information etc. I gave it the go ahead of course, but it’s a new one for me (mind you, I’ve only had Norton a couple of months)

It appears I did actually have the Orbx London Landmarks installed, although Orbx London City wasn’t. Maybe the landmarks caused it to crash.. I can’t really blame Asobo for that one if so. It’s quite normal after any update.

I shall do some more flying and see how we go.

Regards

Steve

Edited by g7rta

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Mine's installing 3 sets of files, the first set is all fs-base stuff but I haven't changed any of them so I've no idea why - unless it's because I also have the Xbox version and it's a bunch of free bonus stuff! :p

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I’ve just edited my previous post.. I meant 300mb not kB :)

Still doesn’t explain yours though Tim, It’s almost as if it’s installing the whole update from the other day? LOL

I did a full install yesterday (& the day before) both times.. after the initial store downloads, it offered me three downloads... the main mandatory one... and the two optional ones (premium and Deluxe Premium)

Regards

Steve

Yes I got the mandatory update followed by the deluxe and premium in content manager, along with all the world updates updates (if that makes sense!) but I haven't a clue what all this fs-base stuff is - it's downloaded 7.92GiB so far and only 58% complete. Have they discovered a new continent covered in airports?

Had a nice flight with Cessna 172 floats and landed on the water, even taxiing up onto the beach. Timer showed it to be a 25 minute flight! I loaded up another flight with the timer going and. It CTD'ed at the 6 minute mark. I restarted my PC and started up MSFS again. Started another flight with the timer going and a different plane. Crash To Desktop at 6 minutes and 5 seconds. PC reboot. MSFS restart. Flight restart. Crash To Desktop 5 minutes and 33 seconds. See where this is going? Yeah. Back to square one again for me. :(
Intel Core i7 3930K 3.2 GHz, 16GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060, Windows 10

I'm having an issue updating MSFS with today's hotfix. It is looping at 7.90 KiB at 3% for the past 10 minutes and showing downloading A320 Neo Patch 1.95 over and over again. Anyone else having this issue?

Yes I had that. Click the Pause button and relaunch the sim. The download should resume where you paused it.

The hotfix has brought to me the final disaster.

I had never had a single problem with MSFS until last update, which caused CTDs after 5 minutes flying or so. I had found an easy solution by simply turning off AI traffic.

However, since today's hotfix, I can't go flying anymore. Once selected the departure airport and hit "Fly", it stops halfway loading the flight, and stays there forever, with a nice loading screen and background music.

This day had to arrive sooner or later, hadn't it? So what should I do now, besides turning off the computer and move back to reading... :(

Windows 10 Home - Intel i7 9700 4.70GHz - 32Gb DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1660 OC 6Gb - Kingston 512Gb SSD - Internet 1Gbps (test 600+ Mbps)

I would be considering a clean installation (again) Uninstall the Sim.. completely delete all traces of it.. the reinstall. I don’t know what sort of internet speeds you get but that’s what I would do... and I’ve done it twice already this week.

After installing today’s patch.. I was thinking.. maybe I should do that again, but it does appear to be working ok. Certainly better than yesterday.

I’ve only had two CTD’s since installing the hotfix (so far) and both were in London, where I have Orbx scenery installed.

I tried to reproduce the CTD elsewhere but it wouldn’t. I have just had a flight in the (freeware) H135 around New York, starting from JFK. The helicopter doesn’t work as it should but it’s still flyable and the sim didn’t crash at all, although it did pause a few times.. and even went blank for a second. Quite annoying.. but still no CTD. Bare in mind I’m flying in VR too.

I managed to land the H135 on the MetLife building. Still there now.. with hundreds of Xbox players buzzing around LOL

So.. my second thoughts about the hotfix are pretty good. Certainly better than this time yesterday.

Sorry to hear some of your are having more problems.

Regards

Steve

Oh right, thanks! I’ll check it out :)

Edit: downloading it as we speak (1.4.1?)

Should be done now

Regards

Steve

Edited by g7rta

Since installing today's hotfix, I got one CTD and that happened when I was 50 meters from the runway on final to Big Bear Airport. I took off from LAX. I was flying the Carenado CT182T and it happened about 45 minutes into the flight near the end of the flight. I had a CTD in MSFS in the early part of this year as well but on the 747-8i on approach to LAX, about a 10 mile radius from where I experienced the CTD today. I wonder if I corrupted something when I force closed MSFS when it was looping in the update endlessly in the installation manager screen and if I should uninstall MSFS and redownload the whole game again. I did that for the updated version before this hotfix was available and I don't look forward to redownloading the whole game again if it must be done. I did backup the Flight Simulator Packages folder before the hotfix was available but I wonder if that backup is now useless if I should be redownloading the whole game with the hotfix. Edited by Dave68

I was back to square one, but now I am back to zero. I was able to fly on the first flight after the Hotfix for more than 20 minutes and it was great. Then I could only fly for 5-6 minutes. Then when I hit "Fly" it would CTD. Now MSFS will not even start up.
Intel Core i7 3930K 3.2 GHz, 16GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060, Windows 10

Finally got MSFS to behave. For the past couple of days the only good thing I could say about it was, it was driving me to drink. However I came across this and it worked for me. I don't know who posted this but I've tried to find it again just to thank him. So this is not my brain child:

windows-cmd prompt (run as admin)-

type sfc /scannow - Enter.

Let windows repair.

I'm now able to fly w/o CTD. So, whoever you are, thank you very much.

Now if I can only find the "handcrafted" KATL.

Update would CTD after about 5 minutes.

Patch seems to have fixed whatever was broken.

Wish they would fix the landing gear advisory though, very annoying. Click on the panel to turn it off and it sometimes comes back again.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Since I haven't flown in the last couple of weeks I have not encountered the update fiasco as I have not updated my version. Think I will wait until Monday to see if this Hotfix is truly fixing what is "hot". Just reading all the issues makes me want to just wait.

The hotfix has.. er.. fixed it.

It’s working fine for me, and others

Regards

Steve

I would be considering a clean installation (again) Uninstall the Sim.. completely delete all traces of it.. the reinstall. I don’t know what sort of internet speeds you get but that’s what I would do... and I’ve done it twice already this week.

I finally discovered that what froze the sim halfway loading a flight were a couple add-on packs: Drzewiecki Moscow and Chicago Landmarks (both cherished by me), and only when trying to fly in those areas.

Not easy to detect, since they were installed from the in-game marketplace, which proves that not only the add-ons in the Community folder can be conflicting. Consequently, I need to delete them from the Content Manager until updated versions are available. Apparently the guys at Drzewiecki are already working at it.

Interestingly enough, their Washington DC and Seattle Landmarks packs don't cause this problem.

Windows 10 Home - Intel i7 9700 4.70GHz - 32Gb DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1660 OC 6Gb - Kingston 512Gb SSD - Internet 1Gbps (test 600+ Mbps)

That is interesting. Everyone goes on about emptying the community folder but it’s probably just as important to remove the other addons too. Glad you figured it out though :)

Regards

Steve