Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: After new update menu bar

Quote Originally Posted by tiger1962 View Post
    Nice video Steve, well done! The basic controls notification does seem unclear, maybe the Assistance is confused by multi-function controllers? I did see on the flight assistant list that Stall Speed was highlighted in red - maybe it'll change when your forward speed is above the stall speed? Given that helicopters aren't officially supported yet, you might have to put up with it for now unless they repair it in the hotfix today.
    Thanks Tim
    I just happened to be in the Bell 35 when I decided to make the quick video to show you. The things come up with every aircraft, not sure why. It’s only a slight annoyance though and there are more important things than worry about.

Regards
    Steve
    Intel I9-10900K - Gigabyte Z490 Vision G - 64Gb DDR4 - Gigabyte RTX2080ti - 3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs
    Corsair HXi series 1000W 80+ Platinum PSU - 1x500gb & 1x1TB M.2 SSDs. - Reverb G2 VR Headset
    Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit - Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

The exclamation marks on the bar and on the map indicate something new has been added....so I'm told.

Quote Originally Posted by foosie View Post
    The exclamation marks on the bar and on the map indicate something new has been added....so I'm told.
    You would think they wouldn’t show up the next time though, wouldn’t you? Instead they appear on every flight.

Regards
    Steve
    Intel I9-10900K - Gigabyte Z490 Vision G - 64Gb DDR4 - Gigabyte RTX2080ti - 3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs
    Corsair HXi series 1000W 80+ Platinum PSU - 1x500gb & 1x1TB M.2 SSDs. - Reverb G2 VR Headset
    Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit - Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Quote Originally Posted by g7rta View Post
    You can actually setup a control to make it appear / disappear.
    In VR for example, the little white triangle isn’t there, so I setup the spacebar to toggle the toolbar. I didn’t know about tab.. mind you.. the spacebar is easier to find when you’ve wearing a headset

Regards
    Steve
    Thanks for the tip Steve. I've assigned an input in the keyboard to toggle the toolbar and it works insofar as the menu will appear/disappear but the line with the triangle stays. I've seen it's a bug after the update which the fix has not fixed! In view of all the big problems I see that so many have, I'm not complaining. My pc is 10 years old and I'm flying with most settings medium and some low, and I find it so good. The new update has boosted my frame rate over london with the 320 fbw from about 8 to just over 20!

No problem. Glad it worked. I’m amazed you’ve got it working and enjoying it on such an old computer! The new update has certainly improved performance. I flew over London last night & also New York (in VR) and there was a noticeable difference in performance. I did get a couple of blackouts each time though, when it paused for a second & the displays went black.. but VR is demanding and I have most settings on ultra. I can live with a couple of pauses like that. Nothing like that happened when flying over less populated areas

Regards
    Steve

Is there a way to make the blue circles disappear from the cockpit? I agree that the menu triangle is annoying, but I can live with it, got the sim working which is the important part.

Wish I had remembered that my flight plans are saved to the HD, lol. Oh well
    Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce GTX 1660, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler

By blue circles do you mean the ones with arrows, pointing to things? You can remove them getting rid of all the flying tips etc. Go into Assistance Options.. click on navigation aids & make sure route/wave points etc are off. Click Notification and make sure their all off... then POI & make sure they’re all off.
    Also, under General Settings you’ve got Menu Tooltips & Instrument Name Tooltips.. possibly even instrument description Tooltips? (mine is shaded out) I’d make sure all these are off.

If you mean annoying blue glow over the switches in the cockpit?. Go into general settings & click the accessibility tab... then change “cockpit interaction system” from Lock to Legacy.

Regards
    Steve
    Last edited by g7rta; 07-31-2021 at 09:46 AM.

It was the blue glow, thanks for the assistance
    Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce GTX 1660, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler

No worries

I wish they hadn’t changed it like that though, just because of the Xbox users. It could have at least prompted us and asked which type of interaction we prefer. Can’t say I’m keen on calling our standard method “legacy”. It would have been better to call the options PC & Xbox - rather than lock & legacy

Regards
    Steve

If it's any consolation it's exactly the same on Xbox - I'm using keyboard and mouse as well as the controller, for the joystick mainly.
    Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."
    Xbox Series X and a big smile! Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7, Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz, NZXT X62 Kraken, 32Gb Corsair DDR4 3000, 2x 2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD's, LG DVDRW, NVidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb, CH Yoke & Pedals, Dell P2815Q 28" 4k, Win 10 Pro x64

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast