Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Article: MSFS 2020 Development Update

Blog Entries

Default Article: MSFS 2020 Development Update

Mandatory download 40gb.went on for 19 hours and I thought it was repeating itself because when it finished another would pop up,so i stopped it reloaded the sim and now the mandatory update is 65gb.Will i ever play the sim again?

We are actively working on making this sim the best experience possible, and look forward to seeing videos, comments, and more from you about this release.

Want to make it the best experience? Drop Asobo from developing and get a more capable developer that doesn’t break the sim with each update.

Practically Everytime they have updated this I have had to uninstall then reinstall, then manually update the addons I have purchased. What a piece of *&%$. I actually went out and bought X plane 11 (which has never been my favorite) so I could have a flight sim that works good in Win 10. I reloaded FSX but with Win 10 updates I think it is just a matter of time before it is not a viable alternative. So I am not buying anymore addons for FS2020. it has proven consistently to be to unstable ever since the launch.

Post Nightmare Update 5

Quote Originally Posted by tusler View Post
    Practically Everytime they have updated this I have had to uninstall then reinstall, then manually update the addons I have purchased. What a piece of *&%$. I actually went out and bought X plane 11 (which has never been my favorite) so I could have a flight sim that works good in Win 10. I reloaded FSX but with Win 10 updates I think it is just a matter of time before it is not a viable alternative. So I am not buying anymore addons for FS2020. it has proven consistently to be to unstable ever since the launch.
    I have spent most of today trying to get the sim working again after installing the update and have yet to install any addons, it's disgraceful that a company like Microsoft release an update which is so obviously flawed causing untold stress and dissapointment for loyal followers they should be ashamed, I'm reverting back to P3D and will not be purchasing anymore addons for this sim until they release a stable version.

I would really like to get the XBOX 2020 set up. I don't no anything about how the XBOX system works and how to get started. I have had MS 2004 for years, over the years I have up graded my PC to play Over Flanders Field, latest tried X Plane. I did not want to go through the PC system again. So XBOX sounds like the answer for me.
    I need some help, this may not be the place tom ask these questions, but if you could point me in the right direction. I am ready to buy everything I will need to get this set up, money is not the issue. MY email is [email protected]. Please help.
    Thanks
    Rich

Blog Entries

impossible to start a flight since the last update a real scandal and a contempt of FSMS users. already once after the March update I had to reinstall. in the meantime I return to PREPAR3d. really very disappointed with the instability of FSMS

I agree with the tenor of the previous comments. (I'm not sure firing Asobo is the answer, Johnny.) But in light of what seems to be wide-spread -- and fatal -- malfunction, you have to ask what steps are taken BEFORE release of a mandatory update. Don't they have the equivalent of beta testers?

Hello everyone. To add to our funny MSFS user experiences, let me mention that today, while flying over the pyramids of Egypt in the stock Cessna 152, trying to enjoy one of the new scenic flights we got after the usual extra loooong download, the program crashed making all sorts of loud speaker noises. So much so that I thought I had a major shortcircuit in my PC, my dog ran away to the nearest fire department and my wife came to see if I had electrocuted myself (no such luck).

I had to turn the power off to reboot because everything was frozen. Well done MS!!! Fortunately everything came back up and I started my...P3D... ha!

To finish, just one more comment or question... how many more GB or TB will it take to have a decent running program that does not scare the whole family when it crashes? (or maybe works well enough). Come on MS, our drives are already full!! (and I have not even learned where things get loaded).
    Last edited by edjoe; 07-31-2021 at 02:00 AM.

Blog Entries

it's very irritating to have updates every six months. which created interruptions in the functioning of FSMS. the time wasted looking for a solution. for finally which force to reinstall everything. a total contempt for FSMS users, already three days or it is impossible to start a flight, everything seems to work normally no crash but the flight charges for hours, without ever starting. only remedy while waiting to have the patience to reinstall is to go back to PP3D. As for the advertisements touting vaunt the improvement of FSMS , it's just a little more irritating cause no works

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast