loading issue with new MSFS2020 update 5

I did an uninstall and reinstall with MSFS2020 in preparation for the July 27, update! I loaded the update V "new install" from the STORE to C:/Costum folder/MSFS2020! 6 hours plus later, I open the sim, which was very slow to the welcome screen and proceeded to set a flight plan. sim will not load. crash boom all gone! note the yellow FLY tag is not even lit up. further investigation I find that I cannot even load any or the activities , discoveries, etc from the welcome menu! I spent a long time online with Microsoft tech in chat trying to resolved this issue, including the XBOX team which just confused me further! Before I had a problem of not being able to load the CRJ plane. Now I cannot load the entire sim! The reinstall process is a painful one! Some 225GIB took a long time. I obviously dread doing that again. It is extremely frustrating to see so many are getting high performances and enjoying the game, while I cannot even load a flight! help?

Win 10 pro 64, 32 DDR2 ram; sst 2T drive; intel I7 3930k;Amd Radeon 5700 RX video card

I did an uninstall and reinstall with MSFS2020 in preparation for the July 27, update! I loaded the update V "new install" from the STORE to C:/Costum folder/MSFS2020! 6 hours plus later, I open the sim, which was very slow to the welcome screen and proceeded to set a flight plan. sim will not load. crash boom all gone! note the yellow FLY tag is not even lit up. further investigation I find that I cannot even load any or the activities , discoveries, etc from the welcome menu! I spent a long time online with Microsoft tech in chat trying to resolved this issue, including the XBOX team which just confused me further! Before I had a problem of not being able to load the CRJ plane. Now I cannot load the entire sim! The reinstall process is a painful one! Some 225GIB took a long time. I obviously dread doing that again. It is extremely frustrating to see so many are getting high performances and enjoying the game, while I cannot even load a flight! help?

Win 10 pro 64, 32 DDR2 ram; sst 2T drive; intel I7 3930k;Amd Radeon 5700 RX video card

Everything was working okay for me since yesterday, until just now. After fooling around with a sightseeing flight at Mt. Fuji, I am unable to load a flight from Watsonville to Monterey. The sim just shuts down as soon as I click "fly." What to do now?

HP Omen 25L Desktop, Intel i7-1070 CPU, 32 GB DDR RAM, Nvidia 3070 GPU, 1 TB SSD, Logitech flight yoke, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, multi-panel, radio panel, TrackIR 5

Everything was working okay for me since yesterday, until just now. After fooling around with a sightseeing flight at Mt. Fuji, I am unable to load a flight from Watsonville to Monterey. The sim just shuts down as soon as I click "fly." What to do now?

Not sure why this happened. When the sim shut down as described above, I was starting a flight in the Beech G36, running the new, Working Title G1000 NXi, which was available as a marketplace download Wednesday. After this happened twice with the G36, I relaunched the sim and switched to the Daher TBM 930, which has the latest Working-Title G3000 mod. This time, I had no problem when I clicked "fly." I then went back to the World Map, switched to the Cessna 172 Global, also with the G1000 NXi. Again, no problem. In a subsequent sim session today, I flew the Daher from KWVI to Monterey and on to Salinas, setting up two serial flight plans using the TBM's G3000 instead of the MSFS World Map screen. No CTDs then either. Though the G3000 did perform very strangely, as in not at all, on the KMRY to KSNS leg; the autopilot cut out and I had to hand-fly the Daher to Salinas--good training in any case.

HP Omen 25L Desktop, Intel i7-1070 CPU, 32 GB DDR RAM, Nvidia 3070 GPU, 1 TB SSD, Logitech flight yoke, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, multi-panel, radio panel, TrackIR 5