Stuck on Installation Manager

Well, I have moved past the black screen's of death, now I am stuck on the Installation Manager

I say stuck because at 10pm last night I was at the Installation Manager page, and had clicked Update a few times. Went to bed, got up at 6;15am (thanks to the cat) and found out that I was still on the same page.

Any suggestions??

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

Has it downloaded anything yet? If not, try some of the fixes I posted in this thread: https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?332920-Sim-Update-5-CTD-possible-fixes

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Has it downloaded anything yet? If not, try some of the fixes I posted in this thread: https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?332920-Sim-Update-5-CTD-possible-fixes

No it has not.

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

Hope the cat isn’t the problem - have you tried moving the mouse?

sorry :)

Seriously though.. after reading Tim’s post earlier I turned on v-sync and locked my FPS to 60

I know you can’t even get into flight sim but I also locked my FPS within the nvidia control panel. That might be worth a try. Personally I’m getting far less crashes now. Still doing it occasionally though (since this update)

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Hope the cat isn’t the problem - have you tried moving the mouse?

sorry :)

Seriously though.. after reading Tim’s post earlier I turned on v-sync and locked my FPS to 60

I know you can’t even get into flight sim but I also locked my FPS within the nvidia control panel. That might be worth a try. Personally I’m getting far less crashes now. Still doing it occasionally though (since this update)

Regards

Steve

Lol, no it's not the cat's fault :)

I would use Tim's excellent suggestions, my only problem is, I cannot get the sim to even load, it just sits on the Installation Manager screen.

Might sound a bit strange but you might want to try locking the FPS outside of the sim... in the nvidia control panel for example. Bit of a long shot I know, but my sim crashed while trying to launch it earlier. I locked the FPS at 60 via the nvidia panel and it worked. Maybe a coincidence but..?

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Might sound a bit strange but you might want to try locking the FPS outside of the sim... in the nvidia control panel for example. Bit of a long shot I know, but my sim crashed while trying to launch it earlier. I locked the FPS at 60 via the nvidia panel and it worked. Maybe a coincidence but..?

Regards

Steve

Giving it a shot. Will report either way.

Did not help :(

Edited by davidc2