Sim Update 5 CTD possible fixes

Asobo are well aware of these issues and are working on a patch.

For all those having CTD's after sim update 5, here are a few fixes which have worked for others:

Install ALL outstanding updates in Content Manager.

Disconnect any bluetooth peripherals and relaunch the sim.

Set AI Traffic to Live instead of Offline.

Switch all traffic off altogether.

In Graphics settings, switch VSync on and set FPS to 60. (Thank you, wblackret!)

If you can't even launch the sim and you use Process Lasso or MSI Afterburner, turn them off in Task Manager and the sim should launch.

Hopefully, one or more of these fixes may work for you.

Edited by tiger1962

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Good to know.

Add me to the CTD club, even if I've been apparently luckier than many here: I managed to fly for 9 complete minutes before CTD!! :rolleyes:

For all those having CTD's after sim update 5, here are a few fixes which have worked for others:

I hope that doesn't include the Aviators Club livery pack. I refuse to install them!! :eek:

Disconnect any bluetooth peripherals and relaunch the sim.

Now that's a good one!! I hope I won't need to disconnect my wireless mouse too!! :D

Windows 10 Home - Intel i7 9700 4.70GHz - 32Gb DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1660 OC 6Gb - Kingston 512Gb SSD - Internet 1Gbps (test 600+ Mbps)

Now that's a good one!! I hope I won't need to disconnect my wireless mouse too!! :D

Never say Never with this sim! I hope it refers to duplicate controllers (such as a joystick AND a gamepad) which are now causing CTD's somehow when plugged in at the same time.

Edited by tiger1962

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I got this error message after one of my CTDs - Post July 27 Update: Flightsimulator.exe Application Error

The instruction at 0x00007FF750711A15 referenced memory at 0x00000196F891D000. The memory could not be read. Does this mean anything to anyone [ASOBO]???

Intel Core i7 3930K 3.2 GHz, 16GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060, Windows 10

I got this error message after one of my CTDs - Post July 27 Update: Flightsimulator.exe Application Error

The instruction at 0x00007FF750711A15 referenced memory at 0x00000196F891D000. The memory could not be read. Does this mean anything to anyone [ASOBO]???

A sim command (instruction) tried to access a memory address (0x00000196F891D000) which was already in use (could not be read) and caused a CTD.

This could be due to duplicate controllers giving conflicting commands, or a single button assigned to more than one command.

At least one user has found that it's the elevator and aileron axes on his CH flight yoke which causes a CTD when he starts a flight. He has to unplug the yoke, start the flight, then plug it back in when the flight has started. I think it would be advisable to re-map the assignments and save them again in that case.

Edited by tiger1962

A sim command (instruction) tried to access a memory address (0x00000196F891D000) which was already in use (could not be read) and caused a CTD.

This could be due to duplicate controllers giving conflicting commands, or a single button assigned to more than one command.

At least one user has found that it's the elevator and aileron axes on his CH flight yoke which causes a CTD when he starts a flight. He has to unplug the yoke, start the flight, then plug it back in when the flight has started. I think it would be advisable to re-map the assignments and save them again in that case.

Thanks for that info. I will try it but lately I have found it better not to keep my hopes up. I did get up to a massive 11 minutes before CTD. I have tried all the other possible fixes; emptying Community folder, uninstalling Afterburner, and so on and so on. I'll keep my fingers crossed but I still hope Asobo are working this problem..........Oh of course they aren't. I hope someone is though.

Intel Core i7 3930K 3.2 GHz, 16GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060, Windows 10

“Asobo are well aware of these issues and are working on a patch“

That is good news Tim. Where did you hear/read about it?

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

There's a short questionnaire in the middle of this thread in the flightsimulator.com Bugs and Issues forum: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/repeated-ctds-1-18-13-0/427152/96

You can also vote for a fix at the top of the thread.

“Asobo are well aware of these issues and are working on a patch“

That is good news Tim. Where did you hear/read about it?

Regards

Steve

Sigh, another patch. I can't even get the sim to load, lol

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

Hopefully, one or more of these fixes may work for you.

I can't even get to the Content Manager. I am giving up for now as it is too frustrating. Until I see a hotfix or some definite advice that leads to a cure. I have always had a stable sim until now.

Set AI Traffic to Live instead of Offline.

Switch all traffic off altogether.

After completing a solid 22 minute flight, I think I can safely affirm that simply turning AI traffic off did the trick to me.

No more CTDs since.

Guess I can do without AI traffic until they come out with a fix :eek:

Windows 10 Home - Intel i7 9700 4.70GHz - 32Gb DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1660 OC 6Gb - Kingston 512Gb SSD - Internet 1Gbps (test 600+ Mbps)