July 27th MSFS update ruined my game

The July 27 update ruined my game. I now get constant freezes lasting a few seconds to a minute long with the warning showing system unresponsive when I hit alt, ctl and delete. This is happening on both my gaming laptop and on my desktop. It happens randomly and even when just using the menus in the game. I also get random crashes to desktop when loading the game sometimes. My crashes when loading the game never happened before the update and I hardly ever had the game freezing up like its doing now. I would get occasional slow downs for maybe a second before the update that I could live with. Now I can't even play the game because the freezes are happening too often and last so long. Is anyone else having constant freeze ups since the July 27th update?

The July 27 update ruined my game. I now get constant freezes lasting a few seconds to a minute long with the warning showing system unresponsive when I hit alt, ctl and delete. This is happening on both my gaming laptop and on my desktop. It happens randomly and even when just using the menus in the game. I also get random crashes to desktop when loading the game sometimes. My crashes when loading the game never happened before the update and I hardly ever had the game freezing up like its doing now. I would get occasional slow downs for maybe a second before the update that I could live with. Now I can't even play the game because the freezes are happening too often and last so long. Is anyone else having constant freeze ups since the July 27th update?

Anyone? Yeah, apparently just about everyone. Certainly I am. My problems fit your description to a T: Unpredictable freezes -- in flight, at the Home screen, on the runway. After you wait a while, function returns, but this in itself makes the sim useless. Also, CTDs on every flight I've tried – sometimes even before rotation! I had a CTD problem before, but I was still able to enjoy the sim, once I accepted there were some things it would not do (e.g., load Vienna airport, any Alaska airport except Anchorage. Etc., etc.)

For the further info of any others browsing here, I cleaned out my Community folder before I updated, so I won't listen to any advice about add-ons. After the update, the problems started immediately. On advice of 2 people on this forum, I then removed MSFS and did a clean reinstall from the store (took about 7 hours). After I rebooted and loaded MSFS this morning, it was just as bad as before the reinstall.

This update -- if not the entire MSFS enterprise – is a hot mess!

My specs:

i7-8700 3.7 GHz

GeForce GTX 1070 Ti; 8GB onboard

AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 LGA 1151 ATX motherboard

16GB RAM

2 TB hard drive

27” MSI gaming monitor