Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally got problems after July 27 Update

Default Finally got problems after July 27 Update

My relatively trouble-free journey with MSFS finally ended for the first time. After latest update every flight crashes after about 5 minutes. I have never had any CTD's before, Community folder is cleared, nothing else has changed. I don't think this problem is unique to me, as I see that numerous people are reporting the identical problem in MSFS discussions on Steam.

John O.

I'm getting constant freeze ups after I installed the July 27Th update that are so bad that I don't want to play the game anymore. I am also using Steam. I tried clearing out my community folder and that didn't help at all.

I was about to try again on my PC with MSFS. But I am looking for clues because I don't have much to go by. Mine is installed from Steam which had been usually trouble-free. This time (this was Tuesday evening), Steam did an update before launching MSFS. Not big just a couple of minutes. The MSFS started, check for updates and then informed of a mandatory update and suggested that it would be around 40 Gb with a net increase of file size of 21 GB. I don't recall it ever giving that kind of estimate before. I started the updates and then let it run unattended for several hours as I went to bed. When I got back just the Steam window was open. I tried to run MSFS. It showed the usual startup screens, then went to a picture of a small plane over a field, then started up the check for updates, then it crashed. I tried a couple times, once after closing all windows and doing a reboot. Same result a crash every time before getting to a screen where I can do anything. By the way I am calling it a crash but what happens is the Flight Simulator window just vanishes.

So I'm trying to figure out what to try. The last option would be to do a reinstall. I do NOT want to go thru all that. And it should not be necessary. I am off to try something. I can find and empty out the Community folder, but I don't see how anything in Community could affect the startup.

Pat

Quote Originally Posted by Patinthedesert View Post
    I was about to try again on my PC with MSFS. But I am looking for clues because I don't have much to go by. Mine is installed from Steam which had been usually trouble-free. This time (this was Tuesday evening), Steam did an update before launching MSFS. Not big just a couple of minutes. The MSFS started, check for updates and then informed of a mandatory update and suggested that it would be around 40 Gb with a net increase of file size of 21 GB. I don't recall it ever giving that kind of estimate before. I started the updates and then let it run unattended for several hours as I went to bed. When I got back just the Steam window was open. I tried to run MSFS. It showed the usual startup screens, then went to a picture of a small plane over a field, then started up the check for updates, then it crashed. I tried a couple times, once after closing all windows and doing a reboot. Same result a crash every time before getting to a screen where I can do anything. By the way I am calling it a crash but what happens is the Flight Simulator window just vanishes.

So I'm trying to figure out what to try. The last option would be to do a reinstall. I do NOT want to go thru all that. And it should not be necessary. I am off to try something. I can find and empty out the Community folder, but I don't see how anything in Community could affect the startup.

Pat
    I am not an expert but no doubt, reading many post here and elsewhere, that the addons in the community folder are normally the problem and it is best to empty it before and update.

Blog Entries

the same, first real problem with this update.... so I completely reinstalled it. it fires up checks for updates you can plan a flight on the map and press start only halfway through loading it freezes! imo it is far worst than ever now, the optimization may work at the ASOBOS end but certainly not this end! Instead of worrying about it I'm just going to delete it. and enjoy a weekend of playing games that actually work right out of the box.... I don't have the energy to try and work out what's wrong, ASOBO what the hell are you playing at! for me it seems to be the UK map If i plan a flight on the map anywhere around London the sim freezes on loading the flight... If I click a random place on the map say Africa it works fine for a few mins then freezes...... Time to put it to sleep until adobo fixes it all... It all worked perfectly until this update and that is absolutely ridiculous by any standards.....

EDIT:-> I've had the sim for almost a year now I've spent a fortune in upgrades only for ASOBO to optimizes the software making most of the upgrades pointless as far as MSFS is now concerned. I have like others spent many many hours ok DAYS trying to get the sim to work. The last few mandatory updates have been good with little to no problems for the end-user. I've enjoyed months of trouble free-flying, just a bit taxing in VR ie stuttering but as far as I'm concerned that is down to third party software namely Mixed Reality Portal, it sucks the life out of the system! and now I have half a sim now that's optimization.... So enough is enough I feel very disappointed after spending a fortune in money and brain hours just trying to fly in which ASOBO have repeatedly compounded the problem with update after update presenting new bugs and problems. I now don't think they are very professional and their work is very very shoddy to be polite. from day one with MSFS it's been a long-living nightmare. So enough is enough until ASOBO deliver a sim that actually works as it should and produce updates that fix the previous problem instead of producing new problems I'm out! taking a back seat! My mental health has reached it's limits with this software for now, taking a back seat...........
    Last edited by daspinall; 07-29-2021 at 08:27 AM.
    ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 Motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*
    Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler
    Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 32GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*
    XFX RX 5600 XT Thicc III ULTRA-14GBPS 6GB Boost UP to 1750MHz GDDR6 3xDP *Overclocked*
    850W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2
    CH Eclipse Yoke Corsair K60 Keyboard Cherry Mouse

Blog Entries

Again a year old now and still not sorted out the scenery cliches "Car flying OVER Brooklyn Bridge" not on it! they have done nothing to tweak these very annoying scenery glitches since day one! there's a saying and is true today "The devil is in the detail" !!!!!
    ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 Motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*
    Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler
    Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 32GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*
    XFX RX 5600 XT Thicc III ULTRA-14GBPS 6GB Boost UP to 1750MHz GDDR6 3xDP *Overclocked*
    850W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2
    CH Eclipse Yoke Corsair K60 Keyboard Cherry Mouse

Didn't work for me. That was the first fix I tried. I renamed the community folder and made a new empty one and the crashes and freezes were still happening.

Quote Originally Posted by roypaglia View Post
    I am not an expert but no doubt, reading many post here and elsewhere, that the addons in the community folder are normally the problem and it is best to empty it before and update.
    Sorry, but if you look at many posts in this and other forums you will find that addons are very often not the problem. I am one of those who was unable to load the latest update even with an empty Community folder, because the update process would hang when a file got into an endless loop. I eventually succeeded after two days of fooling with deleting update folders in OneStore and re-starting. This had nothing to do with addons.

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    I am one of those who was unable to load the latest update even with an empty Community folder, because the update process would hang when a file got into an endless loop. I eventually succeeded after two days of fooling with deleting update folders in OneStore and re-starting. This had nothing to do with addons.
    That's a very good tip for anyone with the same issue, cobalt. And the official forums are awash with unable to launch and CTD complaints. Asobo are now actively working on a hotfix as mentioned at the end of this (unrelated) announcement: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t...threats/429789
    Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."
    Xbox Series X and a big smile! Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7, Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz, NZXT X62 Kraken, 32Gb Corsair DDR4 3000, 2x 2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD's, LG DVDRW, NVidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb, CH Yoke & Pedals, Dell P2815Q 28" 4k, Win 10 Pro x64

My initial D/L from MS Store presented several problems when running FS2020 from a frozen ATC window to loss of control and so on. Now that I have the mandatory update from 27 July, I'm experiencing the program closing during a flight and stopping the pgm loading process in the middle.

Thank heaven I have FSX!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast