Can't Close Camera Menu after Selecting Freelook?????

Anyone know how to get the mouse pointer back after selecting Free Look in the camera menu? It totally disappears, and I can't close the pop up menu screen, and this only started after this new "update". They gotta get their act together real fast. Its getting old with them breaking everything.

Screenshot of the menu I can't close included. PC Specs in my signature.

mvpHx9d.png

Thermaltake Ryzen Gen 9 3900x 12 cores, 4.6 ghz 32 gig of Ram, Liquid Cooled Everything.

Johnny, have you tried the middle mouse button (wheel)?

For me.. clicking the wheel alternates between fixed look and freelook.

I not know if it’s relevant, but you might want to go into general settings..accessibility tab.. and make sure “cockpit interaction system” is on legacy, rather than lock.

It certainly makes things clickable in the cockpit again (why did they change it??) but it may also fix your problem?

By the way.. anyone else get two exclamation marks in the toolbar? I get one above the flight assistant and one above the controls icon.

Clicking the icons removes the exclamation marks but the are back every time I start a flight. One of the many annoying things from this update.

Edit: while typing this, I heard the usual chimes of my Reverb G2 going off / standby and MSFS locked up as a result! Couldn’t find the mouse, as if that had disconnected too.. was trying to open task manager to force it when the mouse came back on and flight sim was ok again.

Regards

Steve

Edited by g7rta

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Good shout Steve, the Release Notes also mentions this in the Known Issues section:

* User can get stuck in the Freelook view and be unable to bring the cursor back up

* Workarounds:

* Restart the flight, this will set the Cockpit Camera Type back to Fixed Look.

* Use a mouse and press the scroll wheel in, this will change Camera Type back to Fixed Look.

* Go to Options > General > Camera > Cockpit Camera > Toggle Home cockpit mode "OFF".

The full Release Notes can be read here: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/microsoft-flight-simulator-available-today-on-xbox-series-x-s-and-xbox-game-pass/425795

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I not know if it’s relevant, but you might want to go into general settings..accessibility tab.. and make sure “cockpit interaction system” is on legacy, rather than lock.

It certainly makes things clickable in the cockpit again (why did they change it??) but it may also fix your problem?

By the way.. anyone else get two exclamation marks in the toolbar? I get one above the flight assistant and one above the controls icon.

Clicking the icons removes the exclamation marks but the are back every time I start a flight. One of the many annoying things from this update.

Edit: while typing this, I heard the usual chimes of my Reverb G2 going off / standby and MSFS locked up as a result! Couldn’t find the mouse, as if that had disconnected too.. was trying to open task manager to force it when the mouse came back on and flight sim was ok again.

Regards

Steve

Thanks Steve, I'll give this a try and let you know.

Good shout Steve, the Release Notes also mentions this in the Known Issues section:

* User can get stuck in the Freelook view and be unable to bring the cursor back up

* Workarounds:

* Restart the flight, this will set the Cockpit Camera Type back to Fixed Look.

* Use a mouse and press the scroll wheel in, this will change Camera Type back to Fixed Look.

* Go to Options > General > Camera > Cockpit Camera > Toggle Home cockpit mode "OFF".

The full Release Notes can be read here: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/microsoft-flight-simulator-available-today-on-xbox-series-x-s-and-xbox-game-pass/425795

Tim, thanks for the link to the release notes, and thanks for the info on that lock up. I knew it had to be some kind of bug going around with it. I'll also toggle home cockpit mode off. Thanks again for your help as well. I'll keep you all posted. :)

Thermaltake Ryzen Gen 9 3900x 12 cores, 4.6 ghz 32 gig of Ram, Liquid Cooled Everything.

Update: Got it going again everyone. Thanks for your help. Not sure what I did, but at least its back to the way it was before the update with the controls. Much appreciated.

Glad it’s sorted :)

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles