Thread: Can't Close Camera Menu after Selecting Freelook?????

Default Can't Close Camera Menu after Selecting Freelook?????

Anyone know how to get the mouse pointer back after selecting Free Look in the camera menu? It totally disappears, and I can't close the pop up menu screen, and this only started after this new "update". They gotta get their act together real fast. Its getting old with them breaking everything.

Screenshot of the menu I can't close included. PC Specs in my signature.

Yes right mouse click and that will work, I just found that out today :-)

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Nope. Still doesn't work for me.

Johnny, have you tried the middle mouse button (wheel)?
    For me.. clicking the wheel alternates between fixed look and freelook.

I not know if it’s relevant, but you might want to go into general settings..accessibility tab.. and make sure “cockpit interaction system” is on legacy, rather than lock.
    It certainly makes things clickable in the cockpit again (why did they change it??) but it may also fix your problem?

By the way.. anyone else get two exclamation marks in the toolbar? I get one above the flight assistant and one above the controls icon.
    Clicking the icons removes the exclamation marks but the are back every time I start a flight. One of the many annoying things from this update.

Edit: while typing this, I heard the usual chimes of my Reverb G2 going off / standby and MSFS locked up as a result! Couldn’t find the mouse, as if that had disconnected too.. was trying to open task manager to force it when the mouse came back on and flight sim was ok again.

Regards
    Steve
    Last edited by g7rta; 07-29-2021 at 11:07 AM.
    Intel I9-10900K - Gigabyte Z490 Vision G - 64Gb DDR4 - Gigabyte RTX2080ti - 3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs
    Corsair HXi series 1000W 80+ Platinum PSU - 1x500gb & 1x1TB M.2 SSDs. - Reverb G2 VR Headset
    Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit - Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Quote Originally Posted by g7rta View Post
    Good shout Steve, the Release Notes also mentions this in the Known Issues section:

* User can get stuck in the Freelook view and be unable to bring the cursor back up
    * Workarounds:
    * Restart the flight, this will set the Cockpit Camera Type back to Fixed Look.
    * Use a mouse and press the scroll wheel in, this will change Camera Type back to Fixed Look.
    * Go to Options > General > Camera > Cockpit Camera > Toggle Home cockpit mode "OFF".

The full Release Notes can be read here: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t...me-pass/425795
    Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."
    Xbox Series X and a big smile! Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7, Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz, NZXT X62 Kraken, 32Gb Corsair DDR4 3000, 2x 2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD's, LG DVDRW, NVidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb, CH Yoke & Pedals, Dell P2815Q 28" 4k, Win 10 Pro x64

Quote Originally Posted by g7rta View Post

I not know if it’s relevant, but you might want to go into general settings..accessibility tab.. and make sure “cockpit interaction system” is on legacy, rather than lock.
    It certainly makes things clickable in the cockpit again (why did they change it??) but it may also fix your problem?

By the way.. anyone else get two exclamation marks in the toolbar? I get one above the flight assistant and one above the controls icon.
    Clicking the icons removes the exclamation marks but the are back every time I start a flight. One of the many annoying things from this update.

Edit: while typing this, I heard the usual chimes of my Reverb G2 going off / standby and MSFS locked up as a result! Couldn’t find the mouse, as if that had disconnected too.. was trying to open task manager to force it when the mouse came back on and flight sim was ok again.

Regards
    Steve
    Thanks Steve, I'll give this a try and let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by tiger1962 View Post
    Good shout Steve, the Release Notes also mentions this in the Known Issues section:

* User can get stuck in the Freelook view and be unable to bring the cursor back up
    * Workarounds:
    * Restart the flight, this will set the Cockpit Camera Type back to Fixed Look.
    * Use a mouse and press the scroll wheel in, this will change Camera Type back to Fixed Look.
    * Go to Options > General > Camera > Cockpit Camera > Toggle Home cockpit mode "OFF".

The full Release Notes can be read here: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t...me-pass/425795
    Tim, thanks for the link to the release notes, and thanks for the info on that lock up. I knew it had to be some kind of bug going around with it. I'll also toggle home cockpit mode off. Thanks again for your help as well. I'll keep you all posted.

Update: Got it going again everyone. Thanks for your help. Not sure what I did, but at least its back to the way it was before the update with the controls. Much appreciated.

Glad it’s sorted

Regards
    Steve
    Intel I9-10900K - Gigabyte Z490 Vision G - 64Gb DDR4 - Gigabyte RTX2080ti - 3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs
    Corsair HXi series 1000W 80+ Platinum PSU - 1x500gb & 1x1TB M.2 SSDs. - Reverb G2 VR Headset
    Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit - Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles