JULY 27th UPDATE OF FS2020

Hello, Hi! Fellow MSFS2020 flyers, are there are some people flying the sim find it crushing a lot?. Since I have updated it I find it

very anoying because most of the time, after setting a flight and when I click the fly button it crushes. I will be happy to have any remedy for this problem from anybody. Thanks a lot

Hello, Hi! Fellow MSFS2020 flyers, are there are some people flying the sim find it crushing a lot?. Since I have updated it I find it

very anoying because most of the time, after setting a flight and when I click the fly button it crushes. I will be happy to have any remedy for this problem from anybody. Thanks a lot

By crushes I hope you are meaning crashes?? :)

#1 thing to look for is anything in the Community Folder (and take them out) Mods are known NOT to work after a sim update.

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

Yea, after 7/27 update sim CTD after about 5 minutes of flying. Cleaned out my community folder, still no change. Everything worked fine before the update. BTW, is it possible to "roll back" the update? Any help appreciated.

Unfortunately there is no way to "roll back" to a working version.

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

Yea, after 7/27 update sim CTD after about 5 minutes of flying. Cleaned out my community folder, still no change. Everything worked fine before the update. BTW, is it possible to "roll back" the update? Any help appreciated.

Do you have Navigraph installed or active? Some users have reported CTD's caused by this.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Have you installed all the updates available or anything not installed in Content Manager? Edited by tiger1962

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I dont know if it will work but would picking a previous Restore Point remove the update?

If you have a full system backup on an ext hard drive (image backup) then you can use that to go back.

The only thing is you would have to do is block the game from accessing the internet. So essentially we are screwed. By making these updates mandatory there is no escape.

Have you tried the Repair function in Settings - Apps - Microsoft Flight Simulator - Advanced options?

I got this message after one of the crashes:

Flightsimulator.exe Application Error

The instruction at 0x00007FF750711A15 referenced memory at 0x00000196F891D000. The memory could not be read.

Intel Core i7 3930K 3.2 GHz, 16GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060, Windows 10

And I get this message after reboot.

C:ProgramFiles\WindowsAppsMicrosoft.549981C3F5F10_3.2106.14307.0_x64__8wekyb3d8...

C:\Program

Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.549981C3F5F10_3.2106.14307.0_x64__...\Win32Bridge.Server.exe

The parameter is incorrect.

I reply OK and it pops up again for a second time

I reply OK and it goes away.

Edited by VFRguy

After several crashes I uninstalled MSFS and reinstalled it.

The problem did not go away.

I figure that the problem must have something to do with some of the stuff that is left behind during the uninstall.

Also the update offered a new G1000 and it wiped out a bunch of panel stuff from different planes and I don’t think that the reinstall restored that stuff

Tiger,

Thanks for the help but "Repair" did not help. Neither did "Reset", which took a very long time. No she's good for about 5 minutes of flight that's all. But maybe MS will take pity on some of us poor customers and give us a fix. Thanks again for the suggestions.

As of the late evening hours of 7/27/2021, needless to say, I was really miffed. However, patience pays off. 7/28/2021, early afternoon, started MSFS and found updates available in the content manager, 6 to be exact. Downloaded all of them and rebooted the computer. Went to Microsoft Store, ah, another update. Downloaded and rebooted the computer. Then found a Working title download available for the Garmin in the Market Place (free), downloaded that then went to Flightsim.to. Yes, working title G1000, G3000 updates for SU5. Downloaded and put them in community folder, rebooted the computer. Opened MSFS and had a go at things. At first, a couple CTD’S, Checked settings and the only thing I changed was turning vsync on and setting frames rate at 60 FPS. Closed MSFS, rebooted computer. Opened MSFS, Had four successful flights. No stutters, no CTD’S, smooth flights and everything appears to be working as it did prior to SU5. I guess the moral of the story is…patience and persistence. Hope others are having success as well.
Jetline GT2, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2070 Super, liquid cooled i7 9700K, 750 PSU, 2 TB SSD, MSFS 2020, P3D V4.5 and FSXSE.