MSFS July 2021 Update strange things

I managed to download and install the update OK.

All the new screens are there and all looks good.

The sim opens in the same time it did before.

If I attempt to fly from London City, I can set the departure runway and time etc., then the sim freezes and Task Manager tells me that the sim is not responding.

I have closed down my PC and rebooted several times, but London City will not open successfully.

If I attempt the Nice landing challenge to 22R, the designated runway, I am told that I have landed on the incorrect runway.

Just for the hell of it, I have landed on 22L, which is certainly not the correct runway, and it was accepted and given a score!

I can fly the Llanda Grande challenge without a problem.

I have even done the training take off although it soon tells me that I have not stuck to the circuit even though I am still over the runway.

If I attempt to use the escape button, I have to use it several times before it 'takes'

Is anyone else having similar problems with the update?

Aside from this, and it may be just my imagination, the glass cockpit on the Cessna 172 seems sharper than before.

Windows 11, GeForce GTX 1660ti; 3.60 gigahertz AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core; Kingston SA2000M81000G SSD; 16 gb RAM; CH yoke; Saitek pedals; Three monitors; TrackIR 3.

You are having more success than I. On the most recent update (ver. 1.18.13.0) I cannot get any of the controls on any of the airplanes to work. Instead, when I cursor over to them, the control or dial turns flashing blue but does not respond. This is for both the autopilot dials and things like the thrust levers, and it affects every airplane I have tried it on (A320 , standard and neo version, TBM 930). I have also seen this blue flashing in a Youtube demo of the update, without an explanation of how to turn it off. I suspect I am missing something simple that activates the controls. Can anyone help?

So I finally downloaded the update. It took overnight but when I woke up it was all done. So I rebooted my computer for good measure and started the sim. It booted up quit fast and looks great. Jumped into my Cessna 172 (6 pack not glass Cockpit) and it was like a new simulator!! Everything was great. So then I tried my vr....

Well it seams like the update degraded the vr! Now everything is jumpy, fuzzy and just not working right. I went to thw vr settings and tried just about everything, even lowered every visual setting there is. Basically tried lowering every setting and still no luck. Then tried upping the settings to high . Still the same .

Then went into the oculus quest 2 setting and tried that and still nothing.

Honestly I really only use msfs2020 with my vr. I like to see everything around me and really fly, not just be stuck to one view. I like to look down and open the fuel, check gauges, you know....Basically be a real pilot.

Is anyone else having trouble with the vr in msfs2020, and more specifically thw oculus quest 2?

Please help.... this is what I use to decompress from long stressful days at work and life in general. Since I have been flying in the sim my wife actually said that I was returning to the guy she married and not ad stressed out all the time anymore [emoji854]

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

You are having more success than I. On the most recent update (ver. 1.18.13.0) I cannot get any of the controls on any of the airplanes to work. Instead, when I cursor over to them, the control or dial turns flashing blue but does not respond. This is for both the autopilot dials and things like the thrust levers, and it affects every airplane I have tried it on (A320 , standard and neo version, TBM 930). I have also seen this blue flashing in a Youtube demo of the update, without an explanation of how to turn it off. I suspect I am missing something simple that activates the controls. Can anyone help?

In General Options, Accessibility, turn the “Cockpit Interaction System” to “Legacy” instead of “Lock”.

It will then re-set the interactions with buttons and switches in the cockpit as before.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Well this is the first major issue I've had with updates! it somtimes freezes on startup. will not load London freezes on loading. flying in VR freezes after 2 mins. so doing a compleat new install! it's the safest bet me thinks.......

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

Problems are usually caused by Community folder. Clear it out and start adding slowly. I had to remove a few addons that were not working correctly.
Windows 11, Intel i9-9900K, 32GB DDR4/3000 MHz, GeForce RTX 2070, 1TB M.2 Drive dedicated to Flight Sim

Thanks, Tim. That made the flashing blue go away, but the controls still do not work. It sounds like this is a great update, but not so much for me.

You're welcome. If you're using a mouse, set your mouse profile to Default in the Settings - Controls menu to get the normal mouse functions back.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

After a bit of reading and thinking about the problems, I am now up and running. As advised by Tiger62, I turned the “Cockpit Interaction System” to “Legacy” instead of “Lock”. The update had changed some of the settings for my keyboard and there was some duplication so I deleted the offending key strokes. Orbx London scenery was the cause of my not being able to fly out of anywhere near London, so I disabled that. Now MSFS is going like a charm. Most settings are in ultra and London looks very realistic. However - the Nice landing challenge is still set to 22L and not 22R as the challenge requires. The only thing to do I guess is to accept the reality and land at 22L.

Windows 11, GeForce GTX 1660ti; 3.60 gigahertz AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core; Kingston SA2000M81000G SSD; 16 gb RAM; CH yoke; Saitek pedals; Three monitors; TrackIR 3.

I have gotten up to 11 minutes before CTD!! But something tells me that's still not a good thing. Also, I have cleared out my Community folder and this has no effect. I really hope they are working on a fix because this is getting very old.
Intel Core i7 3930K 3.2 GHz, 16GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060, Windows 10

Which Orbx was it... City airport or Landmarks? I kept getting CTDs there yesterday so I disabled both.

Orbx Leeds/Bradford is fine though.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Which Orbx was it... City airport or Landmarks? I kept getting CTDs there yesterday so I disabled both.

Orbx Leeds/Bradford is fine though.

Regards

Steve

Landmarks. Anywhere close to London seemed to be a problem. I tried selecting Northolt as a departure and it froze but if I went a bit further west, it was OK. However, having disabled Orbx, the sim is going very well and without problems at all - other than for the Nice landing challenge.

If I attempt to fly from London City, I can set the departure runway and time etc., then the sim freezes and Task Manager tells me that the sim is not responding.

I have exactly the same problem - if I try and start from London City airport - the system always hangs and task manager shows as unresponsive. I have managed to take off elsewhere (Rochester airfield) and flown to London city, then taken off from there and flown to Heathrow, no issues!!!!! It seems like something for the flight isn't initialising correctly for that airposrt.

When you do get to fly from it it is awesome on Ultra now at 60fps!!!!

I'm hoping there will be some work done on the PC version, I watched a video with Asobo being interviewed and this update is a major re-write to replace a lot of the legacy PC version code, that is why its much faster - he goes into a lot of detail, but it is also why a lot of things have changed.

I am hoping that once refined this will give a great platform going forwards and these issues will get ironed out.