I Am So Fed Up! (Big New Update -- Ha!)

I have had recurrent and inexplicable CTDs since the last big update. But the sim was at least generally playable, with patience. And I was s-o-o-o- hopeful about the new update.

What on earth have they done now??!! Can they never leave the well enough alone? I just did the anticipated mandatory update (after moving ALL add-ons out of Community). First flight (from Fairbanks) froze the computer just after takeoff. Not a CTD. Frozen solid. Had to end task.

Reopened. Went to NY (KTEB). Took off. Freedom Tower was at first absent in the distance, but was starting to appear, when -- CTD!

I'll concede that I had not been able to open at Fairbanks at all for a few weeks, so now I could. Great. But New York (with photogrammetry and Bing data engaged) had never been a problem.

We'll try again tomorrow.

But, at least on first impression, WHAT A TOTAL BUMMER!

I know this sounds like it MIGHT be a pain - but sometimes I wonder, if Update on top of update can corrupt an install. Have you considered uninstalling and then redownloading the entire sim again? I have done that from time to time and it seems like it irons everything out when I do.
Thermaltake Ryzen Gen 9 3900x 12 cores, 4.6 ghz 32 gig of Ram, Liquid Cooled Everything.

I didn’t even bother updating - first thing I did (today as I was working yesterday) was to uninstall MSFS

- am currently installing it and it’s almost done now, after about 2.1/2 - 3 hours.

With it being such a big one, I figured it would be better to do it this way, rather than just updating it,

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles