Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Problem with 2021-07-27 MSFS update ???

I am now sitting at the Installation Manager page, have clicked Continue a few times
    Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce GTX 1660, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler

D/L the 7/27 update. Lots of new things. one BIG problem: after about 5 minutes I get CTD every time. MS updates, fix one thing, break somethin' else. Kinda' like a kid with a hammer, you just hope you can get it away, before he does too much damage. Oh well. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by duffys_tavern View Post
    D/L the 7/27 update. Lots of new things. one BIG problem: after about 5 minutes I get CTD every time. MS updates, fix one thing, break somethin' else. Kinda' like a kid with a hammer, you just hope you can get it away, before he does too much damage. Oh well. We'll see.
    Are you using any mods? They may need to be updated (just a suggestion)
    Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce GTX 1660, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler

Well, I am once again stuck on the black screen of death. Rebooted, tried different things that I found on the MS forums (none have helped).

The program closes instantly with Task Manager, guessing it is hanging somewhere.

At this point, I am not sure what to do.

Guess I will keep it going while I sleep and hope I don't fry the machine.

Blog Entries

If i had got to that point I would have done a complete re- install overnight wasted enough time trying to figure out the problems in the past..... a re-install sort it all out I found...... but not everyone is willing to do that ha
    ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 Motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*
    Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler
    Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 32GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*
    XFX RX 5600 XT Thicc III ULTRA-14GBPS 6GB Boost UP to 1750MHz GDDR6 3xDP *Overclocked*
    850W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2
    CH Eclipse Yoke Corsair K60 Keyboard Cherry Mouse

Installed it eventually, after 3 attempts and many hours.

Performance upgrade (FPS via Steam)? - a marginal improvement.

Noticed a few problems already: nav autopilot gives consistent 1 nm track off-error. FlybyWire A320 flicking buttons, inactive switches (e.g. landing lights), etc, etc.

Summary so far: at least 1 step backwards. Grrrr.

Quote Originally Posted by daspinall View Post
    If i had got to that point I would have done a complete re- install overnight wasted enough time trying to figure out the problems in the past..... a re-install sort it all out I found...... but not everyone is willing to do that ha
    I got up this morning and did just that. However, things have not changed, still stuck on the black screen of death (my words, lol), will not go any further. Been sitting there for 20 minutes now.

I have rebooted and attempted it again, same result.

Suggestions??

You should find a solution in the Zendesk FAQ's list: https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/...-Windows-10-PC

This one seems a good place to start: https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/...ck-screen-etc-
    Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."
    Xbox Series X and a big smile! Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7, Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz, NZXT X62 Kraken, 32Gb Corsair DDR4 3000, 2x 2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD's, LG DVDRW, NVidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb, CH Yoke & Pedals, Dell P2815Q 28" 4k, Win 10 Pro x64

I've been getting CTD's which I have never had before and most of the controls do not operate correctly in cockpits. Just got another crash that said "Breakpoint A Breakpoint has been reached" whatever that means. I would hold off on updating if anyone can.

I have rebooted several times over the past day and I still don't have the SIM UPDATE V in my Microsoft Store?? Anyone else have this problem? MSFS will not start, I guess because it wants the update.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast