Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Problem with 2021-07-27 MSFS update ???

Default Problem with 2021-07-27 MSFS update ???

Was able to get the MS Store portion, but launched the game and have been staring at a black screen for the past 20 minutes, CPU usage is at 8%

Had the circular icon at the bottom right, but it has been gone for the past 15 minutes.

Sigh
    Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce GTX 1660, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler

With everyone and their uncle downloading this huge update......the servers are going buggers.
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

No flight Sim installed until I get a new computer.

Quote Originally Posted by mrzippy View Post
    With everyone and their uncle downloading this huge update......the servers are going buggers.
    Hmm, good point
    Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce GTX 1660, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler

Davidc2,
    This has happened to me in the past (probably 3-4 times) and each time I follow the Zendesk advice (see below) and it solves the problem. It always seems to be after/during an update.
    Today, I am having a problem maintaining a connection to complete my update, but it's likely the load on the servers.
    In terms of your issue, I have only had to go as far as the steps prior to “TROUBLESHOOTING” and then ran it as the “Administrator”.

Tim

Community add-ons
    Do not create subfolders in the Community repository. When unzipping and installing community content, make sure to follow the instructions of the content developer.
    If you’re unsure what add-on is causing the problem we recommend removing all content from the Community folder and adding the add-ons one by one to find the add-on responsible.
    Be aware that installing many Community add-ons (sceneries, liveries, etc…) will increase the loading times.

The issue appears after a Windows 10 updates
    If the problem starts after installing a Windows update, uninstall the update to try to resolve the issue.

Select the Start button, then select Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > View your update history > Uninstall updates.
    View update history settings

Right-click the update you want to remove, and then select Uninstall.

Unplug your USB devices
    Unplug any non-essential (or ALL) USB devices that may be plugged in. Once in-game, plug your USB devices again.

Enable PC games to connect to Xbox Live

(Re) Install Xbox Identity Provider from this page 6

Reboot your computer

If the problem persists after that, please do the following:

TROUBLESHOOTING

1. Run Microsoft Flight Simulator as Admin
    To do so, type “Flight simulator” in the Windows search bar then select “Run as administrator” in the menu.

2. (If missing) Install the English (United States) Language Package and reboot your computer
    Microsoft Flight Simulator requires the English (United States) Language Package. To install a new language pack on your system, follow this link: Language packs for Windows 2

3. Download and install the Xbox (beta) app

To Download & Install the Xbox app, click here 2

Reboot your computer

Launch Microsoft Flight Simulator from the Xbox app

4. Issues caused by sound drivers

Change your Sound Output to your Monitor. Later in-game you can switch back any output you want.

Alternatively:

Disable Nahimic service in Start Up Task Manager while performing a clean boot – To do so, simply follow the instructions from the Microsoft help-center: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...oot-in-windows 2

Disable Nvidia Sound devices.

5. Deactivate Windows Defender and/or your firewall

Open Start. . …

Open Settings. . …

Click. Update & Security. …

Click Windows Security. This tab is in the upper-left side of the window.

Click Virus & threat protection. …

Click Virus & threat protection settings. …

Disable Windows Defender’s real-time scanning.

Set game priority to high

Turn off any overlays

6. Check that your antivirus is not causing a conflict with the game

Sample of Virus checkers that have been known to prevent games and apps from launching:

Kaspersky

Trend Micro Maximum Security

Comodo Antivirus

Sophos

Emisoft Anti-Malware

Avira

Avast

If your antivirus falsely flagged Microsoft Flight Simulator, remove the file from quarantine then whitelist Microsoft Flight Simulator. To do so follow the instructions from your antivirus manufacturer.

7. Reinstall the App from the Microsoft Store

To do so, type “Flight simulator” in the Windows search bar then select “Uninstall” in the menu. Click twice.

Open the Windows Store app

Go to My library, search for Microsoft Flight Simulator

Click install

8. Additional troubleshooting

Make sure Windows has the latest updates: Select Start , then select Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Check for Updates.

Follow this guide How to troubleshoot crashes & CTDs at the loading screen 1.

Finally, we recommend visiting the official forums and joining our official Discord channel where our growing community of simmers is gathering additional solutions to uncommon problems.

My system specs:
    W10 64 Bit OEM Version 2004 (19041.685)
    Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E; 32GB RAM
    CPU: Intel Core i7-9700KF 8-Core/8-Thread Processor
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Super, 8GB

I've been chugging along at a steady 30-75 Mb/s. Checked my DL speed yesterday and it's rating as over 250Mb/s. So, it's probably the server being hit hard. But, my speed is consistant, just slow. 78 minutes, just passed 50%.

I'm not worried. Never had any problems - knock, knock.
    Asus Z590 P, Intel I7-10700K, nVidia RTX 3070, 32gb ram(3200), 2 nvme ssd (2 tb total),
    Samsung CH890-34" curved - 3440x1440 monitor, Bose Companion 5 PC speakers

I think it is the server being hit VERY hard. I finally got the screen to change, now it's telling me no online connection, lol (which I did check)

Just going to leave it alone and wait

Quote Originally Posted by davidc2 View Post
    I think it is the server being hit VERY hard. I finally got the screen to change, now it's telling me no online connection, lol (which I did check)

It gave me the same no internet connection message at first too, but after a minute or two it sorted itself out.

Finally finished the update after a couple of hours. Wasn't expecting it today but it was over 40 gig on the standard version.
    New user interactions menu items on the world page, the labels in the aircraft are huge (gonna try a smaller font).
    the Cessna does seem smoother but it crash when trying to load a flight plan.
    I'll see how it reacts as I go deeper into the sim.

It is loading faster.

Dave
    Last edited by dashort3; 07-27-2021 at 03:41 PM.

I won't be downloading the PC update for a day or two. I've installed the Base sim on my Xbox Series X in about 1hr 40mins, just installed Deluxe and Premium in about 45mins, and I'm currently installing all the World Updates (30+Gb) which might take all night!
    That's OK because the Series X is completely silent.
    I had a quick test flight in the 172 using the Xbox controller for the first time (I have no other compatible controller yet) and it was as smooth as silk.
    Using the left and right triggers for rudder and ground steering was no problem and worked quite well. You can hold the trigger part way in to get the amount of rudder deflection required, and the rudder returns to centre when released.
    Panning around the cockpit highlights the adjustable controls and the tooltips tell you which buttons/joysticks to press/use.
    Toggling from internal to external views is a single button press, and the same joystick pans around in both views.
    The only Graphics option on Xbox is to enable HDR10 if you have a compatible monitor/TV - I don't so it's greyed out. All the other options (Views, Sound, Data etc) were synced with my PC options, brilliant!
    The home screen is a bit different, the World Map is in the top right corner and when you zoom in to the World Map you now see the Bing Maps details.
    In the Marketplace there are three filter options: All, Free and Paid - none of the three payware sceneries or two aircraft I own are in the Paid list yet, and in the Free list only the free items which were in the Marketplace already show up.
    As an experiment, I went on to flightsim.to with the built-in Edge browser and was able to download Stinger2k2's latest Pier scenery (Lytham St. Anne's, UK) into the Downloads folder, and extract it with a free Zip app from MS Store into the Documents folder. These folders and others do exist on Xbox, they're just pretty hard to find until I figure a way to pin them onto the home page or something! If I ever find a Community folder I'll let you know...
    Last edited by tiger1962; 07-27-2021 at 04:03 PM.
    Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."
    Xbox Series X and a big smile! Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7, Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz, NZXT X62 Kraken, 32Gb Corsair DDR4 3000, 2x 2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD's, LG DVDRW, NVidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb, CH Yoke & Pedals, Dell P2815Q 28" 4k, Win 10 Pro x64

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by davidc2 View Post

I got that I'd done the store update "all Good To Go" I got the false no connection so I did a win10 update then rebooted and bingo!
    ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 Motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*
    Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler
    Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 32GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*
    XFX RX 5600 XT Thicc III ULTRA-14GBPS 6GB Boost UP to 1750MHz GDDR6 3xDP *Overclocked*
    850W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2
    CH Eclipse Yoke Corsair K60 Keyboard Cherry Mouse

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast