my FSX Add-On Menu suddenly became empty

kalizzi

I had a problem with RAAS pro and uninstalled it, Then I noticed that my add on menu is missing entries. I have n idea how to re-install it. I know for sure I had many entries in it including the FSUIPC and Captain Sim etc. now almost nothing appears in this menu. Is there a way to restore it? Thanks in advance for your help.

I have FSX Gold Edition with SP2 and Acceleration and the lot installed.

add.jpg

Asus P8Z77-V Premium Mobo w\32GB MSATA Caching SSD On-Board | i7-3770K CPU | 16GB DDR3 1600 | FSX Gold on 1TB boot SSD | P3Dv4 on 512MB SSD | 1TB+2TB WD HDDs | 2 Asus GTX660 2GB Ti Cu cards w\SLI | Win7 Pro 64 | REX Full Catalogue | ORBX FTX Full Catalogue | Saitek Flight Control Pro w\Dual Throttle Quadrants+Pedals | 24"+2x19" HP Monitors | 1000W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Things come with various add ons. I think SODE came with ORBX scenery.

Asus P8Z77-V Premium Mobo w\32GB MSATA Caching SSD On-Board | i7-3770K CPU | 16GB DDR3 1600 | FSX Gold on 1TB boot SSD | P3Dv4 on 512MB SSD | 1TB+2TB WD HDDs | 2 Asus GTX660 2GB Ti Cu cards w\SLI | Win7 Pro 64 | REX Full Catalogue | ORBX FTX Full Catalogue | Saitek Flight Control Pro w\Dual Throttle Quadrants+Pedals | 24"+2x19" HP Monitors | 1000W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You need to restore an older DLL.XML.

In my C:\Users\Wim\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX folder, I see a lot of files named DDL.XML_before_installing_etc.bak or similar. Obviously those were created by 3rd party installers as a backup.

I think you should be looking for a file dll.xml.raasprobackup (or similar) and copy/rename that file to dll.xml. Be sure to first check if the file date/time corresponds to the faulty install.

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

You need to restore an older DLL.XML.

In my C:\Users\Wim\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX folder, I see a lot of files named DDL.XML_before_installing_etc.bak or similar. Obviously those were created by 3rd party installers as a backup.

I think you should be looking for a file dll.xml.raasprobackup (or similar) and copy/rename that file to dll.xml. Be sure to first check if the file date/time corresponds to the faulty install.

Wim

Spot on. Thank you, Wim. You are simply brilliant. :pilot:

Khalid

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]