MSFS 2020 General newbie queries

I am new to mSFS 2020 but have flown all previous MS programs for 25+ years and have a private pilots licence so not an aviation newbie.

I have also bought the SoFly guide but it doesn't help much with these specifics.

Queries:

1. How can I get rid of the HUD info on my exterior view display?

2. How can I change my outside view gradually rather than, (too small with the - key or too big with the + key?)

3. How can I scan the outside view in a graduated view rather than the straight ahead, port view, starboard view and head on view?

4. I take screenshots with the F12 key but where do I view them?

That's enough for now. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated up here in B.C.

Jeff

ASUS

Intel core i7-8700

NVIDIA GeForce GTX1070 8Gb

DDR4 16G

HDD 1TB

SSD 256GB (M 2)

MSFS2020 Advanced system

Would probably be better to ask this in the correct forum rather than the screenshots forum, but you can switch to external view with no hud by pressing Insert from the cockpit. Then you can move around the aircraft using wasd, plus r and f for up and down.

Spent way too much time using these sims...

FS 5.1, FS-98, FS-2000, FS-2002, FS-2004, FSX, Flight, FSW, P3Dv3, P3Dv4, MSFS

Thanks Andy, I'm definitely new to this forum process and will endeavour to use the proper category next time

Using the insert key gets rid of HUD but freezes the sim. Can't fly in the outside view when insert is selected either from inside or outside the aircraft.

Not sure what you mean by 'wasd'?

'R' and 'F' doing nothing when tried.

Still trying to figure out where to go to see screenshots taken with the F12 key

I will post my original queries in their proper forums.

Thaanks for the help.

ASUS

Intel core i7-8700

NVIDIA GeForce GTX1070 8Gb

DDR4 16G

HDD 1TB

SSD 256GB (M 2)

MSFS2020 Advanced system

Let's see if I can explain. wasd are the keys you would use to move the point of view around the plane. Press c to switch back and forth between mode where you are just looking and can control the plane. Same thing, r will go up, f will go down. Then you can use the arrow keys to point the camera in the direction you want.

When you press F12, I believe it takes a screenshot but just to memory, then you have to past it somewhere and save.

Spent way too much time using these sims...

FS 5.1, FS-98, FS-2000, FS-2002, FS-2004, FSX, Flight, FSW, P3Dv3, P3Dv4, MSFS

Download Irfanview 64, a great program for editing all types of images, and will allow you to view and appropriately edit screenshots to be able to post in threads (reduce size and compress per the forum rules).

https://www.irfanview.com/64bit.htm

Edited by plainsman
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

Look up fsscreen.zip in the library. It takes a screenshot when you hit the 'printscreen' key.

I've used it forever. It saves the screenshots in whatever folder you put fsscreen in.

I've always just opened the screenshot in Paint. Then save it to wherever you edit your pix. (I still use Picassa, now discontinued by Google due to its incredible excellence, but it still works for most purposes.)

Also, if you want to post screenshots on this forum, your default screen res is probably too high. But you can use Paint to resize, too, like to 60%,

Hi, I personally never see the HUD in external view (& I’ve never pressed insert)

There’s a option in the settings page to enable or disable it. I’m not at home at the moment so can’t check.. but I think it’s under “assistance”

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

I am new to mSFS 2020 but have flown all previous MS programs for 25+ years and have a private pilots licence so not an aviation newbie.

I have also bought the SoFly guide but it doesn't help much with these specifics.

Queries:

1. How can I get rid of the HUD info on my exterior view display?

2. How can I change my outside view gradually rather than, (too small with the - key or too big with the + key?)

3. How can I scan the outside view in a graduated view rather than the straight ahead, port view, starboard view and head on view?

4. I take screenshots with the F12 key but where do I view them?

That's enough for now. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated up here in B.C.

Jeff

1. Getting rid of HUD.

General Options. Camera. Chase Camera. (HUD) On or off.

About question numbers 2 and 3: Both with the chase (outside) and cockpit views, you can pan by holding the right mouse button and dragging your mouse around. Scrolling with the mouse wheel gradually changes the zoom of the view.

Ryzen 5 3600X, 16 GB 3733 MTs RAM, Radeon RX5700 OC, 2560 x 1080 Ultrawide