Thread: Article: Microsoft Announces Flightsim Hardware Accessories For Xbox

Blog Entries

Default Article: Microsoft Announces Flightsim Hardware Accessories For Xbox

If only the presence of Xbox was enough to make these pieces of plastic (and little else) more reasonably priced. I mean $130 for those pedals! LOL! Cost $17 to make in China.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanmo View Post
    If only the presence of Xbox was enough to make these pieces of plastic (and little else) more reasonably priced. I mean $130 for those pedals! LOL! Cost $17 to make in China.

I can't speak for the pedals themselves or the other brands since I don't own them, but I own the Thrustmaster T.Flight One and it's not a cheap piece of $17 plastic. It's well built for the price.

That Honeycomb yoke is constantly out of stock every time I check. Amazon sellers are asking too much ($300+ USD). And good luck finding an XBSX at retail cost. I've been on NewEgg's shuffle program for months trying to get it, a PS5, or even a freaking RTX 3080 video card for my MSFS sim build that has been on hold for 9 months now just for the GPU shortage (I hope cryptocurrency is canceled like a stamp worldwide by governments). I have written off this year entirely on getting any hardware for any gaming/simming. I can right now sell my PS4 for as much as I paid for it. Thank heavens I kept my old FSX simming rig and hardware (i5 4690K overclocked to 4.7GHz & GTX 980 Ti, CH yoke & pedals). Retro gaming anyone? Insane times.
    Last edited by N069NT; 07-24-2021 at 11:15 AM.

The VelocityOne looks interesting. However, what caught my attention was something shown but not described here: the Honeycomb Tango Foxtrot stick+dual throttle picture shown next to the Alpha yoke. Too bad they're not considering selling a Tango standalone throttle, just the Foxtrot stick or the whole TF combo. Could be a good competitor to the Thrustmaster Airbus thottle.

Quote Originally Posted by N069NT View Post
    That Honeycomb yoke is constantly out of stock every time I check. Amazon sellers are asking too much ($300+ USD). And good luck finding an XBSX at retail cost. I've been on NewEgg's shuffle program for months trying to get it, a PS5, or even a freaking RTX 3080 video card for my MSFS sim build that has been on hold for 9 months now.......
    Well my negative comment must have angered the GPU gods. After several months I just won a NewEgg shuffle purchase option with an EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra and EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G+ power supply combo for $1,650. If anyone out there is frustrated not being able to find a GPU, try NewEgg's shuffle app. Never thought I'd find myself spending $1,400 just on a video card but after nearly a year of frustration I don't care. Now to wait on that Honeycomb yoke...
    Last edited by N069NT; 07-24-2021 at 03:26 PM.