Looking for Boeing B-17 Conversion

ColR1948

I came across some photos of some Boeing B-17's converted for cargo flying in Bolivia, I did a search to see if anyone had done any of these converts.

I have some military ones but they have the gun turrets where as the actual converts don't, anyone know of any please?

Col.

I have not seen one in my constant traipsing of the File Libraries. Forts themselves are a rare breed, both in Payware and Freeware versions.

Alan :pilot:

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

I got a PM back from JanKees, he did do some repaints of the fire bomber but they were for FSX plus he said he asked A2A to remove the guns but they never did.

It's not a big deal, I can do my own repaints for FS2004 but they will have the guns unfortunately.

Col.

These are two B-17 repainted SAR aircraft of FAB. The one in front is a YB-17 and has no guns. The second in background is B-17G of Alphasim equipped with guns.

51335061995_b86e5640f5_b.jpg

Maybe the YB-17 version could be an option.

Bernard

Wow Bernard thank you so much. I had given up on it never heard of a YB so that is probably why I never found it.

I managed to download one from Simviation, other sites either had not available or a tried to get me to install other stuff.

Also I use Chrome so Simviation wouldn't let me have it I had to change to Firefox to download it, got it now anyway so I'll get busy paining, thank you once again.

Col.

Perhaps a Repaint of "The Swoose" is on the horizon! :D

Alan :pilot:

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

Just out of interest I contacted the guys on MIAW to see if they thought of remodelling a B-17 without the guns and converting it to a fire bomber.

They were nice about it but it seems it is a no no for now, another one I would like to see without guns in the Avro Shackleton, I must look to see if there is one somewhere.

Edited: found an AI version without guns on MAIW made by that genius John Young, great model too.

Col.

Edited by ColR1948

Sorry Bernard I misled you in my post I meant i found an Avro Shackleton but I also found one on my saved files from ages ago so I did a quick paint, I'll put it in the screenshot section.

It is fictional but I did it quick.

Col.