Default View in 2-D panel FSX-SE too low

Something happened about a month ago that changed the default view through the windscreen on ALL ac loaded. The view is tilted downward and I have to Shift-Ctrl Q a couple of times to raise it back up. Whenever I change views from inside to outside, I have to reset the view with the S-C-Q routine again. I've been experimenting with different monitor resolutions and am settled on 1920 X 1080 in both the program and the monitor. I wouldn't think resolution would have anything to do with that. Anyone have any ideas what might cause this??

Thank you all for any and all ideas... Terry

I9-10850K, Mugen 5 cooler, Gigagbyte Aorus Z490 Master, 2TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2, 1TB Samsung 970 Plus, 2TB Samsung 870evo, Corsair RM-850, G-Skill DDR-4 3600, Lian Li LanCool Mesh, Nvidia 3070Ti, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, MFG Crosswind pedals, Win10 Pro

Interesting that you have only just experienced this as I thought this issue had existed since FSX was invented!

Go to the panel.cfg file in a text editor for any aircraft affected, and amongst the entries in the section headed [VIEWS] there will be an entry that reads something like:

VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=0.000, 0.000, 0.000

Change the first number to read something like:

VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=5.000, 0.000, 0.000

You will need to change the panel.cfg file for each aircraft affected, and tweak it to get the view exactly as you want it.

Usual disclaimers regarding backing-up first apply . . .

John

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

John, I knew these parameters were there in panel.cfg, but I have never changed them. The view used to be fine. BUT, not arguing with what is/might be, I tried your suggestion and it works beautifully. The number "5" is a great starting point as well. Thank you for this idea. I tried your suggestion on two ac and the view popped up like it should be.. Much obliged.. Thank you...Many blue skies to you and yours.. Terry

I9-10850K, Mugen 5 cooler, Gigagbyte Aorus Z490 Master, 2TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2, 1TB Samsung 970 Plus, 2TB Samsung 870evo, Corsair RM-850, G-Skill DDR-4 3600, Lian Li LanCool Mesh, Nvidia 3070Ti, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, MFG Crosswind pedals, Win10 Pro