Yes, the H135 is excellent. I downloaded it from http://www.flightsim.to and is one of my favourite aircraft.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

This is a really good page to check out addon aircraft. Hope it's ok I post it. It's from a different forum:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/list-all-payware-freeware-aircraft-7-21-21/423989

An excellent compilation, but I wish you could sort it "newest first".

Windows 10 Home - Intel i7 9700 4.70GHz - 32Gb DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1660 OC 6Gb - Kingston 512Gb SSD - Internet 1Gbps (test 600+ Mbps)

Yes, the H135 is excellent. I downloaded it from http://www.flightsim.to and is one of my favourite aircraft.

Regards

Steve

I've been considering the Bell 47 since it was released, even if I suspect it must be "too" realistic to my abilities, because I had read some really bad reviews on the H135. However, your recurrent positive opinion might end changing my mind... :rolleyes:

Windows 10 Home - Intel i7 9700 4.70GHz - 32Gb DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1660 OC 6Gb - Kingston 512Gb SSD - Internet 1Gbps (test 600+ Mbps)

I've been considering the Bell 47 since it was released, even if I suspect it must be "too" realistic to my abilities, because I had read some really bad reviews on the H135. However, your recurrent positive opinion might end changing my mind... :rolleyes:

I also have the Bell 47 and that too is excellent! When you install it, you also install a little setup program which gives you a few options, mainly easy..medium or realistic. As a result, it is very easy to fly! In fact on the easy setting you will struggle to crash it LOL

The H135 is free and is so well detailed.. loads of liveries.. it has a built in panel from which you can start her up... open (or even remove) the doors..etc and it’s free!

I love both helicopters. If you don’t get the B47, get the H135 as you’ve nothing to lose.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Ok, I can't speak to how difficult the Bell 47 would be. However, the H135 I can give you an explanation:

Today, and for the last two months or so, the H135 has been a phenomenal freeware aircraft. Not especially difficult to fly, in part because the real one has features that make it easier to fly.

HOWEVER... the very earliest test H135, the ones that were put out without paint textures, were... welll they were EXTREMELY far from being really flyable even. But those were VERY early tests, almost more just "proof of concept that helicopters might just be possible in MSFS" than anything else. It's those first few versions that got the "oh this carp" type reviews... because it was never meant to be a final product, just a test to see if it was even possible to do.

Fortunately for all, it DID prove the concept, and they went big effort to tune it to fly with realism. It's been really quite good since they got version numbers into the V0.9 and above, and it's now at V1.3

https://flightsim.to/file/8970/airbus-h135-helicopter-project

Will the Bell be more of a handful? Almost certainly, yes. The earliest practical helo of any real use, all 100% manual controls, not a single computer to be seen... as compared to a flying supercomputer, after more than half a century of development and refinement... yea, it'll be more a challenge. But it's one of those challenges that rewards with an experience, a feeling, an accomplishment. Taming the beast is one of the best feelings you can get, don't shy away from it!

That said, make sure you aren't using a very old, very worn out joystick... if it's not tracking your stick movement smoothly and accurately, then you need to get a different stick. Also try finding a stick with a very weak spring, as you'll want to be able to keep the stick itself held at an angle for long periods if possible. Make a collective from a "USB Handbrake" normally meant for racing sims. Maybe add some cheap pedals. All that will make smoother, more enjoyable flight possible.

I fly both helicopters in VR and both are a lot of fun :)

As said previously, the Bell includes a small settings program (which needs to run first) from that you can choose easy, medium or realistic settings. I’ll admit that I tend to fly on either easy or medium but it’s a great ride in VR at least.

Regards

Steve

As a complement to this thread, just thought it might be of interest to remark that https://flightsim.to is the absolute reference site for freeware MSFS aircraft, liveries, scenery and what not.

In case someone doesn't know, it also includes a section for community requested liveries and scenery (which really works, as I've personally experienced), and nice little features such as bookmarking items to download later, or keeping you informed when your favourite add-ons are updated :pilot:

Edited by danbiosca

The c17 looks good, but has a problem with the engines. 3 go off when you get on the runway. The author says hit crtl-e and wait and then they will go on. But that didn't work for me. Then he said slew up to altitude and they will start. That worked, but not the best solution.