Sim Pausing when other programs selected

ac103010

Given all the responses above and your replies, Allan, are you certain the sim is actually pauses? I ask because that feature works for the rest of us and because the display of information might pause, but when you put your focus back on the sim it should update the display according to the length of time elapsed.

But if the PAUSE button is unchecked, the .cfg =0 and there is an actual pause in operation (not just display), then you are beyond what most of us would know to do.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Yes, you're right. The sim doesn't pause. What's happening is the sound turns off and I assumed that the sim paused, but it hadn't.

So the unchecking of Pause on Task Switch works. However, because the sound turns off then ATC transmissions will be missed unless the screen is being monitored.

But thanks for pointing out my mistakes.

Allan

• 1 month later...

You might be able to pipe the audio though something called a virtual audio cable. But I'm not too sure.

Just thinking outside the box. I use a few virtual audio cables and will have to see if it's possible. I do use more than one screen so going between tasks does make the Sim audio mute, but not the Sim as I found that option early on when I installed more than one screen.

You might be able to pipe the audio though something called a virtual audio cable. But I'm not too sure.

Just thinking outside the box. I use a few virtual audio cables and will have to see if it's possible. I do use more than one screen so going between tasks does make the Sim audio mute, but not the Sim as I found that option early on when I installed more than one screen.

Never understood why FSX cuts off the audio if the Sim is set to not pause between task switching. Microsoft didn't really think this one through.